Part 25: Restless Her

Rayaan's mind could not help but wander around everything Meera did

Rayaan's mind could not help but wander around everything Meera did. After the last night, he was observing her carefully, He could not feel any effort from her side. Instead, she was always trying to avoid him.

Rayaan felt stupid to assume that they had made any progress. From Meera's side, they were still at the very first step. And he was running high horses. His morning and mood both turned sour. Unlike every day, when he schools Aryan about his behavior this morning he was completely quiet.

Neither Aryan's behavior nor his teasing could make Rayaan say a word. Due to Aryan's bubbly personality and constant chatting, Rayaan's silence went completely unnoticed by his parents but Meera experienced the change firsthand. He didn't side-hugged her that day. He bid his bye to his parents and then moved toward her, this time 2 steps away from her. Without even glancing at her, he mumbled a Bye!

Meera frowned at his unusual behavior. She wondered what went wrong but she couldn't guess a thing. She did feel hurt but shrugged it off. She thought It wasn't a big deal.

The morning turned into evening but Meera kept on reading the same page over and over. There was a restlessness in her heart. She felt something amiss. She was going crazy with her mind running in different directions. She talked to her mother, her friend again but nothing could calm her down. The weird feeling kept returning.

She sat by the window, boredom clouded her. She looked at the beautiful glimmering pink sky. The sun was returning to the lap of its mother, paving the way for the moon. She kept observing the beautiful nature for a long being completely lost in its beauty and her own web of thoughts.

A familiar car horn grabbed her attention. She looked down to see Aryan jumping and running inside the house, a moment later Rayaan was following him behind of course with sane steps.

His one look spread peace within her heart. Her heart and mind seemed to calm down as he appeared closer. His gray shirt's sleeves rolled up to his elbow, The Blazer hung in his right hand. His hair was messy and he appeared tired.

She disliked to admit but his one look gave her much-needed peace. She was glad to have him around. As she turned around abruptly a part of her silver earring fell down right near his shoe.

Alerted he looked up to find his beautiful wife standing there in a mesmerising pastel green saree. Her stray hair danced to the tunes of the soft cool breeze. Her face glowed in the glimmering silver hue of the moon. She was a sight to sore eyes.

He was lost in her eyes, forgetting his decision to maintain distance from her. The morning he tried to keep away from her and by night he seemed to be drawn to her.

Slowly a tiny smile appeared on her face that directly melted his heart. Her shy ambiance pulled the strings of his heart. She pulled behind the stray strand tucking behind her ear, gaze lowered to him. He stood there watching her, subconsciously caressing the jewelry piece. The moment they forgot all their strategies, all they were supposed to do. The world seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them. The desperation to see each other from morning, the happiness that embraced them being able to see each other. It was their moment, full of peace and solace.

"Bhabhi, see what I bought for you" Aryan screamed and the trance between them broke. A look of realization crossed her face, she hurriedly ran back to their room from the balcony. Leaning on the door she tried to calm down her racing heart.

What the hell am I doing?

Meera, did you forget everything between you two is temporary? You can't let yourself slide at the moment.

It is all a facade.

Don't fall for it otherwise when you will realize it will be too late.

Rubbing her face in her palm, slapping her forehead for her stupidity. She breathed heavily, running down to the living room.

On the other hand, Rayaan shook his head. His confused state of mind got more confused. Now he couldn't really anticipate Meera was making no effort because she was shy or because she didn't want to. Nonetheless, he joined everyone in the living room keeping the piece of jewellery in his pocket safely.

As if the past few seconds were just a dream, they didn't even glance at each other throughout the dinner. It was difficult to say if it was intentional ignorance from both sides for different reasons or their usual awkwardness at unexpected encounters.

Whatever it was both of them had not talked for even a second that day and went to bed like that, tossing and turning, they could not even sleep. They kept checking if the other fell asleep. But the truth was neither of them could sleep. In such a small time, whether their hearts wanted or not they had already made a place in each other's hearts. The same heart that was restless without talking.

No communication and anger increased for one another they tried to sleep but the whole night was just about tossing and turning.

They woke up being grumpy. Unnecessary slamming of washroom door, keeping things a little louder on the dressing table. Pulling and pushing the drawers repeatedly was the perfect melody that day.

Rayaan woke up to find Meera clung to him, holding his bicep. Like always his heart melted and he kept lying there but once she woke up and choose to go the washroom without sparing him a glance and came out only to never ask what happened to him fueled his anger. He was bothered by her unbotheredness. He slammed the door shut while entering inside.

Whereas Meera was in fury, she was not getting his usual attention. He would often initiate conversations and sometimes totally meaningless just to talk to her. She disliked herself for feeling that way, for getting affected by his lack of attention. She was bothered by the fact that she was getting bothered by his behavior. The unnecessary slamming irritated her, she kept her products a little too loudly after using them, almost throwing them on the dressing table.

With deep frowns on their young faces, they refused to glance at each other. Rayaan pulled the drawer searching for his watch and then pushed it harshly. He kept repeatedly doing it even though he found the watch in the first drawer itself.

Meera marched to the door and opened it aggressively, storming her foot on the floor she tried to move down the stairs. Just as she kept her foot on the first stair, A hand came into her view. Though familiar, it was red and trembling slightly. Only looking at the hand she could guess the facial expressions of the Human.

Not even daring to meet his eyes, she kept her hand in his palm quietly. His grip tighten around her as he walked her down the stairs.