Part 26: Nervous

Both Rayaan and Meera simmered with anger, struggling to maintain a facade of calmness

Unlike the previous day, the change in their demeanor didn't go unnoticed by Rayaan's parents and Aryan. The tension between them was palpable, even a passing glance was rare they were avoiding each other like born enemies.

The breakfast became an eerily silent affair. Even Aryan didn't try to crack a joke seeing the seriousness of the situation.

Once breakfast was done, Rayaan bid a forced goodbye to his parents. Despite his attempts to hide it, his strained smile couldn't mask the growing tension. He thought he was being subtle, but little did he know that his behavior was obvious.
And just like the previous day, he mumbled a "bye! " Looking at the floor near Meera.

Meera's heart tightened, She tried to hold back her tears. Her mind didn't seem to work right. She didn't want to cry but this stupid emotional side of hers didn't let her breath in peace. She tried to remind herself that it wasn't a great deal. She doesn't and shouldn't care about his behavior. But her eyes couldn't even understand a single sentence.

She quickly excused herself, not wanting to break down in front of her in-laws. She managed a forced smile, disappearing into her room.

Meanwhile, Rayaan's parents exchanged a knowing look. While the tension was evident, they both decided to respect their privacy.

They hoped for the couple to solve it as soon as possible.

"Eshwer Ji, What do you think? Shall we do something for them? " Rasika asked thoughtfully looking at her husband.

The old Man smiled warmly at her, Rasika Ji, their relationship is like a young sapling right now. If we intervene, they might get used to the support, and when it's taken away, their foundation might collapse. We should let them reconcile on their own. They're mature, and I believe they'll handle any troubles that come their way. We'll step in only if they ask for our help or if things escalate beyond control.

Rasika nodded sadly at the words of wisdom of her husband. He was right. They must learn to get through their fights. "I know you're worried, I am too. " Eshwer held her hand in his providing her warmth. Rasika just wanted them to reconcile respectfully. She just wanted her children to be happy.

Meanwhile, Rayaan's mood was spiraling. He was a person who didn't mix personal and professional life together. But the absence of attention from Meera was throwing him off balance. He tried to concentrate on his work reports, but his thoughts were chaotic. A gnawing restlessness took hold of him, and he found himself running his fingers through his hair in frustration, only making his already messy hair even more disheveled.

Unknown to him, Aryan was keenly observing him. The boy might not fully understand relationships, but he sensed that his Bhai and Bhabhi were not on good terms. And as a matter of fact, he knew it would have been his brother's fault. Because his Bhabhi is so sweet. She would never bring up a fight.

Whatever the matter it was he couldn't see them both upset so he decided to take the matter in his amateur hands.

The moment Rayaan was away, Aryan stole his phone punching a message and sending it to Meera's inbox. He remembered to not use any inappropriate emojis like last time.

After all, he respected his brother's wishes.

But he didn't plan to stop there, he kept stealing his phone in between sending Meera a series of messages to her.

On the other hand, Meera was in a gloomy mood staring at her plants. This was the reason she wanted to join the office as soon as possible because sitting at home and doing nothing was just making her gauge over the unnecessary things.

She was annoyed at herself for her behavior. She was being someone she was not. She was doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing. All of this was creating a ruckus in her head. How could she do this? Didn't she see enough already?

It was like she knew the pot had boiling water but she was still going near it.

*knock knock*

Rasika's voice called from outside, "Meera dear? "

She jumped on her feet to open the door for her. She smiled warmly welcoming her inside. Despite her smile, Rasika could understand her feelings even without words. She patted her affectionately, offering comfort without pushing for an explanation

Meera was a bit hesitant in her presence. It was the fact that she liked Rasika, it was too early for her to reciprocate the same fondness but her warm embrace always brought peace to Meera.

Rasika sat there without asking her anything personal. She just came by to cheer up her mood and that was the reason she brought up the topic of her own early days of marriage and Rayaan's childhood.

" I thought he was just asking about my things to satisfy his curiosity but wrong. Very wrong. He used my lipstick to look pretty "

Rasika burst out laughing remembering the visual of a 3-year-old Rayaan applying Rasika's lipstick all over his face to look beautiful.

Meera couldn't contain her smile too. It was such a pleasing moment to listen to all innocent tales.

The conversation between them flowed naturally. Though Meera chose to speak less, Rasika managed to keep her engaged in the heartwarming conversation.

"So? All ready to join the office? " Rasika asked making Meera's face lit up in happiness.

It was going to be her first day in her first job the next week and she was excited about it. There was a nervousness lingering in between but she was giddy thinking of her first job. She nodded at her telling more about her job role and the company.

During their conversation, Meera did hear a few pings of her phone but she let it slide.

When Rasika left the room, she left behind a smiling Meera who was in a light mood then.

As soon she opened her phone she was bombarded by message notifications from her husband. The very husband who was not even sparing her a glance.

Curiously, she tapped on his contact to see the messages.

"My favorite color is Blue"
" I will be home early tonight"
"This message was deleted"
"😊"
"I like fried rice very much"
"Weather seems good today"

She looked at the messages perplexed. How was she supposed to interpret them?

She wondered if Aryan had written the messages again but he he already messaged her from his number. And Rasika mentioned Blue was indeed Rayaan's favorite color and fried rice his favorite meal.

But what type of message writing it was?

She chuckled thinking that Mr. MBA didn't know how to write texts. Now she knew why he needed someone to write emails for him.

Smiling she put the phone aside, making her way to the kitchen. She thinking of making a meal tonight. She was free, she was bored so she thought of cooking.

Once the dinner was ready, she entered inside her wardrobe to change.

She changed into a Blue Saree!

In her defence, the previous green one was quite heavy so she changed into a lighter blue one.

It had nothing to do with Rayaan.Of course!

While waiting at the dining table, she found herself drawn to the yellow rice. She liked fried rice too.

Again, it had nothing to do with Rayaan.