Part 15: Confused

RAYAAN

RAYAAN

Meera's eyes were tingling with excitement. She neither asked me about the sudden plan nor did she seem to mind. I came to know she was glad about the plan when she looked quite free. No fidgeting with her fingers, or wiping her sweaty hands on her saree.

A tiny smile played on her lips. Like every time there was just silence between us. I resisted the urge to initiate a conversation, not wanting to disrupt her peaceful thoughts. She was lost in her own world, looking out of the window.

Soon enough we reached her house and she hopped out like a rabbit, running towards the door. She went inside but hurriedly stepped back, her face having a surprised realization.

She is cute.

I took the gift and sweets and walked to her. She gave me a nervous-sheepish smile and I controlled my urge to chuckle. It amused me how she effortlessly came up with such natural expressions.

"After you" I said, gesturing for her to guide me.

Not needing to be told twice she fled inside and I couldn't hold back the chuckle this time. Visiting her house was indeed a wise decision.

I followed her inside, where she was already shouting, "Mumma!" Her mother rushed to her side as soon as she spotted Meera in the middle of the living room. She bombarded her daughter with questions, concern etched on her face. "Are you fine? Is everything fine? Why are you crying? Who hurt you? "

Standing behind Meera, I hadn't realized she was tearing up until now.

"I'm fine. How are you?" Meera replied in a heavy tone, her voice quivering.

"I'm fine too." Her mother kissed Meera's forehead before her eyes landed on me.

She walked over, extending a warm welcome, "Rayaan, come dear. How are you?" I quickly bent down to touch her feet, but she held me by the shoulders, refusing to let me do so. Instead, she patted my head and blessed me, "God bless you! "

I couldn't see Meera's father around, so I assumed he had already left for work.

As asked, I took a seat on the couch. Meera's mother went to the kitchen to fetch something for us and Meera tagged along with her.

I couldn't understand if she was too nervous to sit with me Or too excited to see her mother.

But I knew the smile her face held was precious. It made me feel good.

I observed the pictures adorning the walls, appreciating the moments I had missed during my previous visit. The living room had a cozy ambiance with wooden textures and artistic touches. The polished, dark brown wooden strips of the artistic table caught my eye.

I failed to notice these details during my first visit, but now I could truly appreciate the beauty of the place

Please have something," Meera's mother offered me some sweets, arranging them neatly on the table.