Part 21: Startled

RAYAAN

RAYAAN

The couple indulged in some non-decent stuff on the screen; all I could feel was embarrassment. Not that I haven't read some steamy stuff, but the situation was a whole lot different.

The awkwardness was clearly evident on her face too. The remote control kept slipping out of my hands. To make the situation less awkward, she got up from my seat, "I will go get some water. I am thirsty."

Without waiting for my response, she rushed to the kitchen

I have never had a girl in my life. And I never shared such a close bond with any girl.

To my relief, The remote finally started working and I could turn it off. Arranging the stuff back to its place, I made my way to our room.

Though I made it clear we won't get involved in intimacy without knowing each other, still we haven't had a proper conversation about physical intimacy and It was a bit awkward for us.

I changed into comfortable clothes and lay down on the bed waiting for her. She must be hiding in the kitchen with her flushed face fidgeting with her fingers. I could very well imagine her doing that and a soft smile traced my lips. I am surprised how reluctant I was for the wedding and now I am the one feeling these butterflies in my stomach. I am the one craving to know her, to spend time with her.

I hadn't even realized how fast my thoughts have changed. I, 28 years old grown-up ass man watches her getting dolled up every day pretending to be asleep. I like the jingles and tingles of her pieces of jewelry. Her fragrance when she is around. My eyes search for her when I return home. Not even a complete month to our marriage and I have started to get fond of my wife. Surprising how I am the one behaving like a complete child around her and was considering her a child looking at her baby face.

Talking of her, she graced the room with her beautiful presence, the sweet jingles of her anklet trailing behind. She directly went to change while my eyes kept following her petite frame, the end of the sea blue saree flowing freely.

She laid down beside me facing the ceiling, my eyes gazed down at her bangles reaching up to her elbows. It looked so pretty in her hands.

No words were exchanged, only silence in the dark room. Still, my heart was fluttering, I wondered if she was not scared today.

I felt her turning, her face hovered over mine. I could feel her warm breaths hitting my face and she asked the most anticipated question, "Are you sleeping?" I remained still, pretending to be asleep, and moments of silence followed. Finally, I felt her shift a little closer, clutching my t-shirt from the shoulder. It took all my willpower to suppress the smile that threatened to form on my lips.

With her sweet fragrance lingering in the room, I fell asleep, only to wake up with her legs on mine and her body facing me, her hand resting on my bicep.

As usual

I smiled at her cute posture but had to reluctantly separate her from me as I got up to use the washroom. When I returned, she was still sleeping peacefully, her innocence evident in her slumber. I decided to spend my day with family but last night my friend returned back to the country after a year. He wanted to meet me so had asked for my presence at our usual place. I was excited yet quite reluctant as I didn't want to leave Meera alone on the weekend.

I was wishing that somehow the meeting gets canceled but it didn't and I had to leave to meet my friend. She didn't show any sign of disappointment and that gave me disappointment. She was instead excited for me that I was going to meet my friend.

The day went well, catching up with my friend, reliving old memories, and laughing together. He had not changed one bit, and I was grateful for that. As I was about to leave, he handed me a gift box.

"I forgot to bring anything for Bhabhi, This was for you but gift her instead" he said forwarding me a box.

I opened the gift and gave him a look.

seriously?

he wanted to gift her a men's watch.

He chuckled at my expressions, "Just kidding! This is for her" He said pushing another box in front of me.

"Why don't you gift it on your own? How about lunch or dinner at my place?" I smiled and invited him and his family for lunch at my place. He happily agreed.

When I returned home in the evening, I was surprised to find chaos going on. Mom, Dad, and Aryan were engrossed in something in a magazine, and the house help was busy decorating the place.

The sight was astonishing, with flowers scattered around and fairy lights being hung on the walls. I wondered what was happening.

A delivery boy approached me and handed me a large box. "Oh, it came!" Aryan exclaimed, pouncing on the box and leaving me unbalanced.

"Oh and Bhai, please clear the payments," He said rushing towards Mom and Dad.

I settled the payment with the delivery boy.

I am sure if he stays here for some days more, he will surely make me go bankrupt.

Three of them excitedly opened the package, revealing toys a doll, cars, and teddy bears.

Stupid Aryan! Now he will play with the toys?

I glared at him, "Aryan, Behave your age. Is this your age to play with the toys? "

All three of them snapped their head toward me passing me teasing glints.

"I haven't ordered these for myself " He blushed looking at me and then at the toys.

What the freaking hell?

"Then?" I asked confused at his reactions. But he shrugged saying, "Your child."

I still looked at him confused, "My child?" and then he gave me an earth-shattering news,

"Bhabhi is pregnant"

The ground beneath my feet slipped away. I looked around myself to see the whole place filled with weird toys and flowers.