Part 18: Mischievous Cousin

RAYAAN

RAYAAN

Meera looked fine, her eyes looked a bit tired. But she didn't complain of any pain.

She anyways doesn't complain about anything. Till now, from food to her health, everything is fine with her.

I told her I was planning to take a leave today but she protested against it. "No need for it. See, I look fine. "

And before I could retaliate, she spoke, " I will call you if there is an emergency. I am fine. I have medicine. There is house help. So everything looks good. You should head back to the office " Probably I heard her speak that much in a single breath for the first time.

"Are you Su.. "

"More than sure" She stood there telling me how fit she was.

I had no choice but to agree with her.

We came downstairs to have our breakfast. It was usual chitter-chatter in the air.

I had picked up orange juice to take a sip when I suddenly heard a voice that I never intended to hear, not this morning at least, "Bhai" I choked on my drink. Meera started rubbing my back and the owner of the voice joined too, "Are you bhai? "

"What are you doing here, Aryan? " I asked him faking a smile when Mom glared at me.

"You missed me right? " He kissed my cheek, making me cringe inwardly.

He then proceeded to take blessings from my parents and Meera.

"Aunt, finally Dad has allowed me to work with Rayaan Bhai. I am here to learn some business techniques from him" He cheekily smiled at my mother filling his plate.

"But you never asked me if I wanted to work with you" I raised my brows at him and the spoon dropped off his hand.

"Of course, he wants to work with his little brother. Aryan, you eat your breakfast. He is just joking" Mom said, dismissing my irritation.

Really Mom? No, I wasn't. He is irritating. He will not work and won't let me work peacefully.

I groaned knowing well that my peaceful hours at work are going to be ruined.

Glancing at Meera, I noticed she was smiling, seemingly amused by Aryan's antics. Her smile, so precious and heartwarming, made me forget my annoyance.

I assumed Aryan would forget about the office by the time I left, but to my surprise, he was already waiting in the car.

Great! I got a new driver.

After bidding goodbye to my parents, I side-hugged Meera, She was as startled as yesterday. Her fragrance lifted up my mood. It made me feel like my day was going to be good. My arm perfectly wraps around her.

As her cousin said, she perfectly fits in my arm.

I could see her cheeks flushing, her face glowing with red-yellow sweetness. It was a beautiful sight, and my heart warmed at the thought of having a wife now.