Part 4 : Foolishness

He was sitting there gobbling the sweets that his mother was forcefully feeding him

He was sitting there gobbling the sweets that his mother was forcefully feeding him. Though his insides were numb he kept sitting there with a small smile.

A non-existence smile does count as a small smile, right?

The only question running in his mind was "Why did she say yes to this marriage? " If somebody would have disrespected him like the way he did to her, he would have smashed his face not wanting to see the face again but here she was throwing herself on a silver palate to the man who disrespected her.

He could not figure out if she is dumb or stupid or both.

A simple "No" Was the bare minimum he was expecting from her.

"I am so glad, she said yes. She is so good, Rayaan. You are lucky to get her. Oh my god! I can't believe you are getting married " His mother was squealing ever since Meera's Mother Mihika said it was a yes from their side too.

She was gushing over Meera as if she is her own daughter. Rayaan scoffed at his traitor mother wondering if she will be on the bride's side on the marriage day.

With a small smile on his handsome face he again tried to dodge the marriage, " I am happy too, Mom. But don't you think she is young right now? "

"Yeah, she is. But don't worry it's not like we are getting you two married in a week. It is going to take some time. And we have already asked Meera to tell us whenever she feels like she needs more time. " His mother was back to selecting lehengas for his supposed bride.

And again! His plan was turned down. How did he even become a businessman none of his strategies were successful.

"But mom she is what 21 maybe and I am 28. Don't you think that's a lot of age gap?" He cringed at the thought of her being so young as compared to him. He is definitely not marrying to babysit his own wife.

"She is going to be 23 next month. And I must tell you most young women are more mature than aged men. Right, babe? " With a tight-lipped smile, she turned towards her husband whose presence and absence seemed almost equal.

"Of Course, Rasika. You are right" He nodded at her, sipping his coffee.

Rayaan couldn't help but roll his eyes at her words. And wait!

"Mom, did you call me aged" He narrowed his at her. No way his own mother was age-shaming him for a new girl.

"Well, Meera is full of life. A beautiful soul with a charming smile. Compared to her, you are dull. Duh! " His mother dismissed him with a wave of her hand.

Rayaan looked at his father who just shrugged siding with his wife.

He knew he was not much of a "cool" Person but he least expected to get it rubbed on his face by his own mother.

Damn, that supposed bride of his!

Shaking his head, He excused himself going towards his room.

What the hell! Is she stupid or what? She was supposed to say no.

Running his fingers through his hair frustratingly, he sighed.

I should tell her that I am not ready for this marriage. Heck! Even she is not ready she is just a child.

He decided he will meet her as soon as possible because he has seen his mother's speed for his marriage.
The enthusiasm she is carrying if it was only on her she would have got him married by the next weekend.

He got back to his work when his PA decided to remind him of the forthcoming meeting, mentally reminding himself to talk to his mother about meeting the girl again.

*
As he said his mother's enthusiasm in the case of his marriage is unmatched she proved it yet again.

The night before, at dinner, he informed Rasika that he would like to meet the girl once again. Needless to say, his mother was floating in the sky.
Not even a complete day, he is sitting in a Cafe waiting for her, the girl named Meera.

He sighed glancing at his wristwatch. She was late.

Dressed in a white shirt and navy blue pants, he was observing his surroundings. The blazer was kept on his side chair. His shirt sleeves rolled up till his elbow were giving a perfect view of his veiny hands.

He was about to take another sip of the green tea when a petite figure wrapped in a navy blue suit decided to greet him with a meek "H...Hi".

He scanned her form and nodded.

Her hands were shaking as she sat opposite him. She was nervous, he could easily make out with the way she was rolling her dupatta with her finger.

" I... I am really sorry for being late" Her head hung low, she said in a small voice.

Rayaan nodded again mentally smirking. She was nervous and how about he scare her away with his glares? She will definitely not think of marrying him and will refuse.

Seems like a plan.

"You are late and I... " He started with his plan but was left startled when she suddenly raised her head and banged her palms on the table, "Listen! "

His mouth left gaping at her but she cared less as she continued. "Do you have a problem with women working after marriage? " Her eyes were oozing fire daring him to say yes.

He shook his head making her sigh in relief.

"Do you have a female best friend? " She again fired back at him to which he could only shake his head.

"Okay! " She was back to her original posture, head hung low and forefinger rolling her dupatta.

He was stupefied. She is the same girl who was so hyped up not a second before and is now a completely scared mess.

He was trying to intimidate but here he himself was intimidated by her.

Okay, maybe a little bit intimidated.

He was only left questioning her mental stability, he didn't realize when the waiter came and left.

He was back to sipping his green tea. And he realized she didn't order anything for her.

"D...Don't you want to ask me anything? "

He scoffed at her nervous mess. "Why did you agree to this marriage? "

She peeked at him through her eyelashes, "I... I " She kept adjusting her dupatta on her shoulders. "Actually, I... I can't tell you " She whispered.

His jaw clenched at her.

What was she trying to do? Was she trying to trick him?

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he was trying to calm himself down.

"Look! " He started but stopped when his voice came out harsher than he expected.

"I am not going to entertain your foolishness. "
He reminded himself to calm down.

He was going to continue further, he look at her standing up and running out of the cafe.

"Wait!, Meera" He quickly stood up to follow her but she was already out.

"Damn it! "