Part 32: Dreams

As Rayaan said,  he made sure to make the remaining two days before Meera's joining as joyful as possible

As Rayaan said, he made sure to make the remaining two days before Meera's joining as joyful as possible. They practically spent their whole day together as Eshwer and Rasika had gone to some relatives for a meet and greet. And it was really easy for Rayaan to keep Aryan in exchange for some cash and gifts.

Their togetherness had seemed to bridge the distance between them. There wasn't awkwardness now, Rayaan knew in their case he had to be the first one to take a step forward and he gladly did. She was still somewhat guarded for which he made sure to give enough space.

They will take some time but they will definitely make a good couple, that's what Rayaan thought. Just like his parents, he too wanted to spend a blissful old age with Meera.

It was the first day of Meera's Joining. She was excited but nervous. She was conscious about herself, about her skills, about her confidence. Like always her brain cells started to prepare for a marathon. What if she enters the office and directly lands on the floor? That would be so embarrassing. What if her senior gives her work and she can't do it on time? Will they fire her? What if she says something stupid in a meeting? What if she fumbles with her introduction? Or what if they simply forgot that they hired her?

She couldn't stop her mind from thinking about possible scenarios. She was scared of humiliation and embarrassment, especially in public. If someone embarrasses her she can't help but think about it till she is exhausted. Even after years, she remembers it, and over that a new chain of embarrassment started within her head. And it continued till the time Rayaan shook her.

"What are you thinking? hn? " He asked brushing his hair with his fingers.

She looked at him and he could instantly guess her nervousness. He smiled at her innocent face. She looked really scared. "Meera, everything will be good. Don't worry. I know you are talented and you will prove your worth " Cupping her face in his palms he pecked her forehead.

She felt a sense of relief crawling down her spine. Hesistantly she wrapped her hand around his torso and hugged him still sitting on the bed.

With a soft smile lingering on his face he caressed her hair gently.

"Let's get going," he said, picking up her bag. "Is everything in there, or do you need anything else?" He raised his eyebrows, indicating the bag, and then gestured for her to grab her phone.

She grabbed the phone, shaking her head at his question.

They moved down for the breakfast. But the whole family was occupying the living room. Meera was surprised by the guest early in the morning but as she neared the radiant face of her mother came into view, "Mumma! " She squealed running to her and squeezing her in her arms as her Mumma did the same.

She acknowledged her father too, Rayaan bent down to take both his in-laws' blessings.

"You are here? Is everything alright? " Meera asked worried about their health.

Her mother shook her head, "We are absolutely fine. You don't remember us but our son-in-law does " She teased Meera telling her how Rayaan called the previous day to invite them.

Meera passed him a dazzling smile making his heart flutter. This was the sole reason he invited her parents. Just to see her radiant smile. He knew it was a special day for her and he also knew she must have wanted it to celebrate with her parents too.

Meera felt grateful for how thoughtful he was. She did want her parents to be present there for the very first day of her work.

They had breakfast in the usual hustling bustling environment as Aryan could not keep calm and took it up in himself to impress his Bhabhi's parents.

All of them wished Meera her best. She could only feel alive and blessed at that moment. It was one of the days she had dreamed of.

As they reached her office building, Meera was fidgeting with her fingers. Grabbing her palm in his, Rayaan spoke, "Meera, you will do your best. Trust yourself. With your hard work and dedication today, you are here and with the same qualities, you will grow more in life. Nobody will judge you here if you think you are being silly because everybody starts like that. All the best, Meera. I know you will prove your worth" He assured her. Well, he was not lying, he had seen her work portfolio and it was impressive.

Meera smiled at him grateful for his words, she was overwhelmed to form a sentence but she nodded happily acknowledging his words, "Thank you!".

He pulled her palm closer to his mouth, gently touching it with his lips, he whispered, " Go and shine".

Chuckling at his boyish grin, Meera made her way out of the car, "All the best Bhabhi" Aryan screamed from the back seat and she fist-bumped with him.

With a newfound confidence, she entered the shining building not before waving back at her husband and brother-in-law.

"What a cliche weather " Aryan acted singing along the lines.

Rayaan as usual ignored his words but the tip of his ear did hear Aryan.