Part 27: Serenity

Her wait ended as soon as she heard the car horn

Her heart beat accelerated knowing Rayaan was back.

Her palms started getting sweaty, she stood up from the chair wiping her palms on her saree.

She filled two glasses with water. Her hands trembling as she poured the water, she wished to not end up breaking the jar and glasses.

Putting them on a tray, she walked to the living room with her gaze fixed on the floor.

She heard their footsteps but didn't dare to raise her eyes. Her timid gaze was fixed on the floor.

She took a step back keeping the tray on the table, wiping her palms with her saree repeatedly under his scrutiny.

Aryan's teasing with weird sounds was making her more nervous. And his heated gaze on her was not helping either so she chose to slip away.

"What a blue day! " Aryan commented as soon as Meera left making Rayaan choke on the water.

Coughly vigorously, he glared at Aryan who closed his eyes deliberately drinking water at a snail's speed.

"What a sweet glass of water! " He commented again as soon as Rudra's eyes wandered searching for her.

He stood up with a jerk throwing a pillow at Aryan. He made his way to their bedroom to change, he knew Aryan wouldn't let him survive that day.

Meanwhile, Aryan was a laughing mess. The whole living room reverberated with his infectious giggles. That soon invited His uncle and Aunt too who were clueless about his hyena laughter.

Meera chose to stay hidden in the kitchen, the patterns on the cups and plates were suddenly more fascinating.

Considering her apprehension, she wanted to change again but he was already inside their room and she didn't want to fall prey to his scrutiny, she was not yet ready for the alone encounter with him.

Soon enough everyone gathered around the dining table. She had to follow the queue. She quietly sat on her seat beside Rayaan hoping nobody noticed her.

The phone that was more interesting a few seconds ago seemed to lose all its charm the moment Meera's familiar fragrance lingered in the air. The sweet fragrance of her and the delicious aroma of his favorite food seemed to make up his sour mood.

The lids were open and his eyes shined looking at the dish, he wondered if it was just a coincidence.

"Wow! What a yellow day" Aryan wiggled his eyebrows, deliberately coughing near Rayaan who stuffed his face away disgusted, " Keep your face away when you cough"

Serving for themselves, taking a spoonful of rice they devoured the delicious food. An ecstatic moan left Eshwer's mouth, " This tastes mind-blowing, dear" He looked at Meera with a happy grin. "Absolutely! This is delicious Meera dear" Rasika agreed with her husband.