Part 6: Fiance

Rayaan was having coffee under the star night on his balcony

Rayaan was having coffee under the star night on his balcony. Thinking of everything from his work, parents to Meera's behavior.

There was not much excitement or happiness in her eyes. Even if she was shy she would not be that nervous and it made him ponder over the words he said to her in the cafe. Were they so hurtful that she was that upset about it on their engagement? But he also mocked her height and weight.

He must apologize to her. Her getting scared of him was not quite settling with him. It didn't make him feel good. In fact, it made him feel guilty.

His peace was disturbed as soon as Aryan barged into the balcony with a stupid smile. He sat beside him on the couch keeping his legs on the coffee table. "Put your dirty legs down" Rayaan grumbled at him but Aryan laughed it off. "You would not think about it when I will give you something really precious. " He tried to snuggle more into Rayaan's chest but Rayaan pushed him off with a disgusted face.

Aryan is his maternal uncle's only son. He is a pampered child and that is exactly why Rayaan thinks he is indisciplined. He just passed his 12th and he has everything to talk about other than studies. Rayaan completely dispise non-serious people and Aryan is one among them.

Rayaan doesn't have a problem with Shubham and Ishika who are his elder Maternal Uncle's children. They are disciplined and don't nag him like Aryan.

Rayaan's favorites are Vrinda and Vinita who are daughters of his maternal aunt. They are really sweet. He has a soft spot for them. He is protective of them and even they love him dearly. Whenever they visit their house it feels more homely. Though they are yet to arrive for his wedding as Vinita is busy with her Semester exams and Vrinda is on a trip with her friends.

There was no one present from his paternal family. All his paternal cousins were already married. And they were not connected after the death of his Grandparents.

Aryan waved a paper in front of him "Shall I give it to you? "

Rayaan raised a brow at him keeping his face uninterested, "What is it? " He just wanted Aryan to leave him alone.

Aryan kept a finger on his chin as if thinking something deeply "Maybe my would be Bhabhi's number " He said mischievously. Rayaan's eyes held curiosity now. But he didn't want to look obvious.

"Oh!" He sipped his coffee acting unbothered.

Aryan frowned at his actions. Should not he be desperate about his Bhabhi's number? "Don't act. I know you want it" His voice held uncertainty. But when Rayaan didn't react further, he sulked on the couch.

Argh! His brother is boring.

He kept the paper on the table and stood up, "Listen! I am your only cousin who does good work. If someone asks who is your favorite cousin. Tell them my name okay? "

"Get out" Was all Rayaan said keeping the cup on the paper, securing it from getting fled away.

Aryan bent a little and kissed Rayaan's cheek " I love you too" Leaving him Stunned. Before Rayaan could even comprehend what happened, Aryan dashed out of the room.