xlv. house of the violet lion

◯◯◯

◯◯◯

"I'M SO EXCITED." Jasmine leaned against the locker beside Jiana's, fidgeting with her pigtails as she grinned up at the other girls.

Genny pinched her cheek. "You're adorable," she cooed. "So, seven pm sharp. Don't be late." Genny glared pointedly at Aeji and Hana, who rolled their eyes in sync. "It's a formal event, so dress nice."

"Dress nice for what?" Jay approached, cocking a brow as he came to stand beside them.

"Our girls' night," Nina explained giddily. "We're going to the opening of this new restaurant in Seoul."

Jay pouted in Genny's direction. "I wanna come."

"What part of girls' night don't you understand?"

"I'll fit right in!"

"No."

A crease formed on Jay's brow, and the corner of his lips drew down in disappointment. Genny was unmoved.

"Let him join us," Aeji said.

Hana nodded. "Yeah, it'll be fun."

Jiana nodded in agreement, making eyes at Genny. Nina and Jasmine joined her. Genny scowled down at the three of them.

"Ugh, whatever," she finally said in reply to Jay's smug grin. "Fine. But be warned. It's in Seoul, so the press roams free."

Jay shrugged. "I almost got mugged the other day anyway."

Jiana shot him a concerned look. The first episode of Beomgyu's docuseries had aired yesterday and promptly gone viral. It was as chaotic as expected; the insider look into what went on in Geumhan's performing arts program was endlessly fascinating to many. Jiana herself had gained more followers than ever, and her direct messages were nauseatingly full.

Jay had been briefly caught on camera conferring with the band. Everyone knew who he was, and his friends went out in public frequently, but not Jay. His mysterious persona meant the media actively searched out sightings of him.

Genny crossed her arms. "Do you have a ticket?"

"I'll probably be fine without one."

Everyone walked toward the exit, chattering animatedly, but Genny and Jasmine headed in the opposite direction since they had a last-minute practice today. Genny felt a tug on her sleeve. "Gen?"

"Yes, Jas?"

"Um..." Jasmine gnawed on her lip. "Has Sunoo seemed... off to you, lately?"

Genny frowned. "No. Why?"

"He's just been kind of strange. Even in Musical Theatre..." Jasmine paused. "Did you know he's seeing someone?"

Genny stopped. "He is? Who?"