now playing: 0.3 - how unattractive...

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

ılıılıılıılıılıılı

"Izuku, your new quirk is crazy." Kazumi commented, holding a tissue to her nose as she watched Recovery Girl kiss the boy's finger he'd broken. "You sure went out of your way to piss off Katsuki by getting 0.1m more than he did."

Midoriya laughed anxiously, Recovery Girl wrapping his finger gently before coming over and checking on Kazumi. 

"Given that it only manifested recently, I'm a bit behind since I'm still learning to control my quirk." Midoriya informed her, Recovery Girl gently wiping the blood that leaked down Kazumi's ears.

Fast heart beat, fidgeting... a lie again.. Kazumi thought to herself before flinching, holding her head as she felt it ache. 

"Quit yapping and mute your damn ears!" Recovery Girl complained, "you're just going to give yourself a headache the more you two talk." 

She shook her head, "I'll be fine, I'm controlling my hearing right now."

Midoriya smiled, tilting his head in curiosity.

"Speaking of quirks, how did you learn to use yours?" He asked, pointing to his ear. "I remember you used to cry when your seatmate breathed too loudly, and how you used to whisper since your voice was too loud for your own ears."

"Like anything that's malfunctioning, I broke myself apart and learned to rewire myself." She commented vaguely before glancing to the side. "Oh. Sho– Mr Aizawa." 

Midoriya turned around, his face blanching as he saw their terrifying teacher – the infamous Eraserhead – walk into the room. They were the only two students who were sent to the nurse's office – it was initially only going to be Midoriya but Aizawa had insisted that Kazumi join him since she seemed to be bleeding.

"Ah, I need to speak to Ka– Amano, alone." Aizawa said, silently cursing himself for slipping up her name.

Midoriya nodded slowly, standing up as he held his injured hand.

"Kazumi, I'll see you tomorrow, right?" She nodded, sending him a smile as he left. 

When the door had shut, Aizawa whipped his head to Kazumi before firmly glaring at her. Arms crossed over his chest, he eyed her carefully.

"What was going on during that quirk assessment? Why did you lose your cool?" Aizawa asked, gesturing to her bleeding nose.

Aizawa – having been the one who helped her control her quirk – knew better than anyone that Kazumi had a moderate control over her hearing now.

Unfortunately the way Kazumi heard noises wasn't like a radio where she could just set it to one volume and it would stay that way. She had to consciously and constantly moderate the volume of sound and the distance of sound she heard. This often took a lot of concentration and inner calmness for her to achieve, which she clearly didn't have during the test. 

"Were you even trying out there? You barely used your quirk." Aizawa reprimanded harshly, Kazumi looking down at her feet that hung from the bed. "Kazumi, I know your quirk is tiring, but please put in everything you've got–"

"Shota, I am." Kazumi refuted, her face tensing as she avoided his eyes. "It's just that... Katsuki's quirk is so loud that unless I mute my ears, I can't focus."

Aizawa raised a brow. Katsuki... Izuku... why was she on a first name basis with the two boys?

Sweeping that thought under the rug for now, he thought to himself for a moment. To be able to manipulate sound waves, she had to be able to hear them. She couldn't just deafen herself and manipulate sound. So, perhaps Bakugou's quirk was too overwhelming for her.

He suddenly felt a bad for accusing her of being lazy. 

Before he could apologise, Kazumi put the pile of tissues she held to her nose into a nearby bin before standing up. She grabbed her satchel off the floor, putting it over her shoulder before making her way towards the door.

"I...I do try. I just choose to use my energy wisely, can't you understand that?" She responded before walking past him. "I'll see you at home... I'll leave first since you don't want to be seen with me."

Aizawa held the bridge of his nose as she left, sitting in the spot she'd been sitting in minutes ago.

Unbeknownst to the two bickering, Midoriya lowered his hand from Recovery Girl's office door, Kazumi's handkerchief she'd let him borrow earlier that day tightly fisted in his hand. He'd meant to return to give back what he'd borrowed, but he didn't expect to overhear an argument between the pro-hero and his classmate.

He quickly scurried off when he'd heard Kazumi approaching the door, his mind plagued with the relationship between Aizawa and Kazumi. 

ılıılıılıılıılıılı

"Oi! Mute!"

Her eye twitched at the nickname.

Kazumi had been on her way home after her small argument with Aizawa and she was not in the mood to deal with Bakugou. She wasn't mad – Kazumi never got angry unlike the blonde pomeranian – she instead took things to personally and wanted to cry when she was upset. 

She glanced back at the blonde male that wore his uniform in a scruffy manner, his hands dug into his pockets as he stomped his way to her.

How unattractive...

"Why'd you steal my points back during the exams, huh?!" He demanded, angrily, glowering down at her. 

Kazumi furrowed her eyebrows, hating how he was baring his teeth at her.

"You're the one who was too slow," she spoke in a tired tone, "It was a competition, Katsuki."

"Stop callin' me that, idiot!" He growled.

"Fine, Bakugou."

He only seemed to grow more frustrated despite him being the one who told her to call him by his last name. His emotions didn't seem to align with what he said and thought, it seemed. 

Bakugou clicked his tongue, looking away from her as he stormed off.

"Just stay out of my way – I don't need a crybaby like you getting in my way." He hissed.

Kazumi's eyes lowered to the ground as his figure proceeded out the front gates. She scoffed quietly to herself, looking away as she held back tears.

She felt stupid feeling her eyes welling up with tears – by crying, she would only just prove his point.

She wished she was mad at him; mad at him for how he'd been bullying Midoriya behind her back, mad at him for how he made one of her hair strands turn white, mad at him for how stuck up and egotistical he was.

Instead, she felt sad that they weren't on good terms.

Sad about the way they'd turned out. 

ılıılıılıılıılıılı