now playing: 3.1 - my daughter

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50 

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻ 

tw !: blood, fighting, breaking bones (this chapter is kinda barbaric HAHAHFS).

 ılıılıılıılıılıılı

Kazumi breathed heavily, pure panic filling her lungs like liquid. She felt like she was drowning as she watched Togata fight quirkless against the one person who possibly scared her the most.

She wanted to fight but her ankle ached and she had to protect Eri. It wasn't like she could fight with one hand while making sure the little girl was safe anyways.

But she felt useless watching him give it his all, seeing his body slowly fall apart as blood leaked from possibly every part of his body.

Before she could even think about helping Lemillion, Chronostasis loaded his gun again before aiming it at Kazumi and Eri. She tiredly stood up, scooping up Eri into her good arm.

She purposefully stayed still, Chronostasis firing a bullet at her before she swiftly dodged, trying her best to stagger away. 

The sound of the bullet shooting out of the gun sounded different from the quirk erasing bullet. He was definitely using his normal darts to disarm Eri from her arms.

Chronostasis easily shot an array of darts at her despite being trapped himself, Kazumi struggling to dodge them all with a few lodging into her arms and legs as she swivelled her body to protect Eri's. 

"Dulcet, your friend..." Eri stammered and Kazumi turned around to see Togata barely standing as he ran towards Overhaul who simply held out his hand.

Her breath hitched as she ran towards Togata, clutching Eri tightly to her stomach.

She easily passed Togata, the boy's eyes widening as she formed a sound wave whip that she grabbed Overhaul's wrist with. Also taken aback, Overhaul's body lurched forward as she pulled him towards her, wrapping the whip around her arm and his to secure her grip on him. 

Unexpectedly, his captured hand grabbed her arm in the tight hold. She fought through the searing pain, flipping him over before he could touch Eri and sitting on his back.

She screamed as she formed another whip with the hand he'd broken earlier, wrapping it around his body as she put all her weight on him.

Togata nearly collapsed seeing Kazumi holding him down, his figure hunched over as he breathed heavily. 

However, Kazumi's eyes only filled with tears as more painful screams escaped her mouth. She tightened the grip of her sound waves, her ears and nose bleeding, arms trembling.

Her eyes blurred. She was ready to pass out. 

Kazumi's grip slowly loosened and it wasn't long until Overhaul overpowered her, Kazumi using her remaining strength to pry Eri off her back before tossing her carefully to Togata who barely caught her.

He kneed her in the stomach, making her hiss in pain before loud screams escaped her mouth. 

However, as if perfectly timed, Overhaul's quirk was dismantled.

Her eyes widened, taking the small moment of numbness she felt to form two whips. She let out painful and erratic inhales and exhales as she sat up, fighting against the pressure of him on her. She firmly wrapped her whips around both the joints between his forearms and upper arms, flinching as he screamed.