now playing: 2.3 - go home, kid

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

tw !: mentions of kidnapping.

ılıılıılıılıılıılı

"Kaz, are you sure you don't want me to come?" Aizawa asked, watching as Kazumi did her hair into two low buns in her bedroom mirror.

The two lived together in Aizawa's apartment in the faculty building, it had been Kazumi's idea to live together because it made sense to live with her guardian if he were to live there too. So, she had her own room in his apartment.

"I'll be fine." She reassured, tying off her bun before smiling at her reflection in the mirror. "I'm just going to sit on the roof and turn up my hearing to see if they're still in the area. If we're lucky, maybe they won't be too far."

Aizawa leaned on her door frame, sighing.

"I'd rather them be far away rather them to be there while you're scoping them out."

Kazumi glared at Aizawa through her vanity mirror, her eyeliner making her look intimidating.

"Sho," She said in a warning tone. "I won't engage in any unnecessary fights, you know that I don't waste energy."

Aizawa pursed his lips, watching as Kazumi stood up in her hero suit before grabbing a pair of binoculars and her laptop off her bed and throwing it into a black backpack. She decided that she was going to try transcribing the video Tsukauchi gave her while she was on the roof if it was safe.

"Alright, sorry, sorry." He surrendered, letting her walk past him through the door. "Just text me when you get there and on your way home, got it?"

Kazumi smiled at him, nodding before quickly kissing his cheek and heading off.

ılıılıılıılıılıılı

Kazumi breathed heavily as she hauled herself onto the roof of the abandoned building, unlocking herself from the clamp on her waist that was attached to a rope tied around a pipe on the roof.

She momentarily laid on her back, attempting to catch her breath.

She'd scaled the side of the building to the roof since there was no guarantee that the villains had left the building. Even though Kazumi had used her hearing beforehand to check if the coast was clear, she didn't want to risk anything — especially since there seemed to be a camera inside the building that the League could possibly get their hands on.

Kazumi rolled onto her stomach, slowly sitting up as her palms laid flat on the building. She closed her eyes, adjusting her hearing range and volume to see if she could find where they were.

There was definitely no one in the building and no familiar vitals that matched the profiles of the villains in any buildings nearby. So, it was safe to say that there were no League members nearby as Aizawa had hoped.

She collapsed into a sitting position, her legs out as she caught her breath. She was secretly relieved that there were no League members around too, but she'd never admit that to Aizawa.

Her eyes landed on her backpack that she'd abandoned nearby, remembering how she'd brought her laptop with her. She grabbed it out, alongside a notebook and pen, before connecting her headphones to the laptop and opening the footage.