now playing: 0.8 - intimidatingly gorgeous

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

ılıılıılıılıılıılı

"You're an idiot, you know?"

Monoma pouted as he sat outside the stadium on some steps near the main stage. He held an ice pack to his forehead, his right eye bruised.

He'd just gotten back from battling Kirishima and had gotten pretty far from copying his quirk alone, but had ultimately lost when his time to use Kirishima's quirk ran out.

Kazumi couldn't help but sigh as she stared at Monoma's face. Unfortunately for Monoma, it was a well-deserved punch.

She'd grown to like Kirishima.

He was a sweet and amiable person that always greeted her in the morning and asked her about her day whenever he got the chance to.  It is no surprise that Monoma had been the person to set him off, she'd always gotten the feeling that Kirishima wasn't the biggest fan of Monoma.

Kazumi suddenly smiled, "I win by the way, I expect to see you in front of Class 1A when lunch starts with a juice box and lunch for me."

"I get it, you've said that a hundred times." Monoma complained, hitting her knee before his eyes were drawn to the screen in front of them.

She frowned again, looking up at the screen displayed in the hallway of the intense battle between Midoriya and Todoroki. She'd just found out that Iida had dropped out of her and his fight earlier due to some sort of family emergency. Due to this, she was automatically in the running to fight either Todoroki or Midoriya.

Monoma, noticing Kazumi's unhinged energy, put his ice pack onto his lap before turning to her.

"Don't watch them, you're psyching yourself out." He tried to reassure her.

She turned to him, her legs noticeably bobbing subconsciously.

"What?"

"You're freaking yourself out," he reworded, pointing to the screen. "You'll do amazing."

Kazumi smiled up at Monoma. She wasn't too sure when they had become friends. Perhaps he gained a new level of respect for her after she teamed up with them and they'd realised how similar they both actually were. Besides, he wasn't that bad when he wasn't wishing for her doom.

"I'm going to get you a cold ice pack," Kazumi said, trying to get rid of the giddy smile on her face from his words.

Monoma shooed her off, smiling to himself as he noticed she looked a bit more relaxed than earlier.

Just to her luck, Bakugou just exited the infirmary after visiting Uraraka after their fight. Kazumi stepped to the side, waiting for him to leave only to stop as his voice flooded her ears.

"Whoever wins this fight... you better beat them." He suddenly demanded.

He watched as Kazumi turned around, her dark hair falling over her shoulder. Her round eyes stared curiously into his, her pupils bouncing around his features as if trying to read his mind.

"And why would you be cheering for me? I thought you didn't like me?" Kazumi asked, raising a brow.

"I don't like you," Bakugou admitted before scoffing. "If you win your next match, we can verse each other. I want to see what a crybaby like you can do against me."