now playing: 2.0 - you're a good dad.

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50 

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

tw !: trauma, mentions of a lost loved one.

 ılıılıılıılıılıılı

Kazumi slowly blinked, trying to focus her eyes as she lifted her head. She was taken aback to see that she was seated in a small waiting room in a police station, Bakugou by her side as he stoically stared at the wall in front of them.

She didn't even realise she'd passed out after their interrogations. Things had been so quiet between her and Bakugou after they'd recalled the events that had occurred over the past forty-eight or so hours.

The two shared a blanket one of the officers had given to them, most of the blanket being over Kazumi's shoulder after she had taken most of it in her sleep. 

She quietly eyed Bakugou, in deep thought. He was never the type to be openly afraid of anything, but for some odd reason, she could tell he felt the slightest bit uneasy after recalling what had happened with the League.

"Katsuki, are you okay?"

Bakugou nearly jumped, not realising she was awake. 

He watched as she adjusted the blanket so it was over his shoulders too, raising her hand to his face as she wiped some dirt off his cheek.

"I'm fine, stop asking me that." Bakugou retorted, looking away.

In all honesty, he felt reassured every time she asked. Sure, it was annoying, but it was as if she could read him easily despite being a very private person when it came to his emotions. 

Kazumi, sensing how uncomfortable he was, shuffled closer to his side on the small couch, snuggling her head in the nook of his neck before exhaling gently.

He inhaled her natural scent, oddly finding comfort in her closeness. Meanwhile, she basked in the sound of his breathing, the steady rhythm calming her down.

However, their small moment of silence was interrupted by the front doors of the police building slamming open. Kazumi glanced over to the door after hearing Bakugou's breath hitch, feeling herself grow stiff as she saw Aizawa and Mitsuki rushing into the building.

When Aizawa's dull eyes met hers, he rushed over. 

"Sh...Shota—"

Her eyes widened as Aizawa knelt down, tightly hugging her to his chest as he began to quietly cry. Bakugou stared in awe as his homeroom teacher fell apart, the man's body trembling as he grasped the teenager tightly.

"He...Hey! Shota?!" Kazumi exclaimed, her eyes darting around the room to see police officers and other civilians present watching the pro-hero hug her. "People are staring–"

"God, you fucking scared me to death." 

Her eyebrows furrowed at his uneven breathing and heard as his bones trembled. She felt her tears escape her eyes, the girl crying unforgivably loud at five in the morning in the quaint police station.

Aizawa seemed to sigh in relief hearing her finally cry, raising a hand and smoothing her dishevelled hair to her head.

Mitsuki came over, hugging her son from behind and kissing the top of his head, the two Bakugous watching Aizawa and Kazumi. Bakugou didn't even try to pull away, basking in the rare silence between him and his mother.