18

It had been six months since she'd seen Tony. Yet when Happy called her and said that Tony wanted to see her while he was in New York for the Stark Expo, she didn't hesitate to jump at the chance. She was dying to see him.

          In the time that she'd been away from Tony, she'd also made Natalie her assistant. It meant that the redhead was closer, and, well, Snow just wanted a friend.

           Natalie had even counseled her not to go and see Tony. Nat knew his reputation and she didn't want Eira to get hurt. Eira did not listen; not when it came to Tony.

So Eira drove down to Flushing Meadows in New York where the Stark Expo was, well, Nat drove. Now she waited outside the opening ceremonies where the area was closed off to screaming fans. She made herself comfortable leaning against the new Audi that Tony had while she waited for the opening ceremonies to end.

When Tony came out of the doors past the screaming fans, his egotistical smirk died off. When he saw her, he halted completely. She threw him a small, little smile and his heart skipped a beat.

Suddenly, as he looked her over (noticing her hair was shorter), he didn't feel any anger anymore. He wondered where it went; maybe she stole it along with his ability to breathe. In fact, he could only think of how he didn't want to go a day without seeing her again.

He started moving again and he approached her slowly. When he reached her, she held something out while avoiding looking at him.

"Apparently, you have a subpoena to appear before court tomorrow in Washington," she said. "So what did you do?"

"Well, what haven't I done?" he replied as he actually took the subpoena and handed it to Happy without looking away from her face, those lips. He thought about how he never got to kiss her as he took a step closer to her.

"So how are you doing? Good? Great? You look great," he rambled as he stared down at her and she still wouldn't meet his eyes. "I heard you had a boyfriend. I don't see him. Where is he?"

"I, um, don't," she admitted.

He hummed before he asked, "Well, what made you come down here?"

"Happy called and said you wanted to see me."

"Happy called..." Tony threw an accusing look at his security guard. "Right."

Happy didn't care if he would get in trouble. Tony had been an insufferable mess since she left and everyone had enough.

"Well, I do want to see you," Tony admitted. "Why don't you drive with me to Washington?"

"I really think we should go back home, Eira," Natalie said cautiously.

"Who is talking?" Tony glared at the redhead who he would have ogled before the cave but he only had eyes for one person now.

"She's my assistant."

Tony sighed before looking back at Eira with a pleading smirk, "Come on, Snowflake. Come with me to Washington."

Snowflake. She got butterflies in her stomach and her heart raced at the name she hadn't heard in what felt like forever but forever could pass and all these reactions would stay the same.

Eira discreetly looked up at him to witness that cute, adorable smirk that made him look like a puppy. She found herself nodding, "Okay."

            "Did you hear that?" Tony gloated to Natalie. "She said okay."