40

Eira breathed heavily.

She hid behind the huge trunk of a tree as guns went off in the background. They were all firing towards her and they weren't regular guns; they were alien.

Many of the wrong sort of people had gotten their hands on alien tech from the Battle of New York. For the past few weeks, she'd been going out and stopping them.

Currently, she was in the state of Georgia. She was deep in the woods where this underground facility was located. The guards were all armed with alien guns.

         She had alerted them to her presence when a giant tree started moving. Its branches grew down before wrapping around the criminals. It lifted them up and held them in the air as they screamed. That was when the shooting started.

          She was now hidden behind a tree as she bid her time. She heard Nat over the comms, "You're gonna have to take out the bunker before our team can move."

           Nat came with her on these missions. They were pretty low key but with the alien tech, the team of human agents needed at least one Avenger. Eira volunteered when Nat had asked her.

           "Hold on," Eira said.

         Eira peeked around the tree towards the bunker on the hill. It was guarding the underground facility in the distance and was currently firing much bigger weapons that the team couldn't navigate around.

            Eira threw out a hand and made trees start moving away from her which drew the attention of the guards away from her location. Then she ran out from her position and quickly lifted her hand, making vines grow out quickly before crawling under the bunker.

         Then the vines shot upwards, making the bunker disrupt into pieces as it got thrown into the air. The guards that were in there went flying as well as they screamed.

         As the guards on the ground realized she moved out from the her position, they started to shoot at her. But she hid behind another tree just in time.

          "Thank you," Nat said in the earpiece; her position with the team was across from where Eira was so that way Eira could distract the rest of the guards. "We'll head in. Take care of the ones out here."

             "Will do."

             Suddenly, a blast from one of the alien guns took out a chunk of her tree and sent her flying. Now that she was out of her cover, they all started firing at her.

            She made vines rise up to block it but they were quickly being destroyed as they were blasted at. Many more had to rise up to take their place before she smacked her hand on the ground.

Suddenly, the ground started to split and crack towards the remaining guards. The ground started to shake before they all screamed as the ground opened up and swallowed them whole.

Eira breathed tiredly as her vines slowly crawled back into the ground. She laid her head on the ground for a moment before she stretched her limbs to get up.

Today was exhausting.

_____

The underground facility had been conquered. The people that had surrendered had been taken into custody and the alien weapons were taken as well.

Eira was now on a quinjet with Nat. The redhead was dropping her off at the Avengers Tower before heading back to SHIELD.

Eira sat in a seat in the back still struggling to breathe. She felt like something was wrong and she knew what it was but she figured it would pass.