52

The party wasn't for another couple of days. In that time, Clint was healed and Tony was doing some science stuff with Bruce. Tony was always building something so she never really asked.

She came down to their lab to bring them food. They were workaholics and they never remembered that eating was a thing they actually had to do. So she made sure they did.

But once she did, she found that the area around the toaster was burnt and black. She frowned, "How did you set the toaster on fire?"

"Uh," Tony scratched his head. "We used it."

Eira shook her head before she kissed his cheek and started to leave the room, "Please, be careful."

"We'll be careful," Bruce promised as ate the sandwich she brought. "Thank you."

"Careful isn't really my style," Tony responded.

She gave him a look and he backtracked, "You know what? I can totally do careful. Just for you, angel."

"You better," she warned before she walked out of the room although she heard the last of their conversation.

Bruce chuckled, "She has you wrapped around her finger."

"Shut up," Tony said. "We're supposed to be figuring out this algorithm..."

Eira smiled at that as she walked up the stairs in the hall and away from the lab. But then one of her dizzy spells set in.

She groaned as she placed her hand against the wall to steady herself. Then she sat down on the stairs as she put her head in her hands.

"Hey, you alright?" Steve asked as he came down the stairs.

"Yeah," she muttered. "I'm just...dizzy. It'll pass."

Steve sat down beside her, "I'll wait with you then."

"You don't have to do that," she peeked at him.

"I'm not going to leave you alone," Steve said with a soft smile. "That wouldn't be right."

"Thanks, Steve."

He nodded before he joked a little bit, "Plus...I'm pretty sure Tony would kill me if I left you."

And she couldn't help but giggle a bit. Although, it was a joke, it was kind of a bit true.

             ______

          It was the night of the party.

Bucky was at the bar where Nat was. She poured him a drink before leaning over to push the drink towards him, "Has anyone told you that those blue eyes of yours are absolutely gorgeous, Barnes?"

"Uh," Bucky scratched his head as he blushed a bit. "No."

"Well," Nat smirked. "Then I'm honored to be the first."

Nat then walked away from the bar. Bucky watched her go before he breathed out a sigh.

Steve was leaning against the end of the bar with a small smile, "You and Nat?"

Bucky practically jumped in alarm before he shook his head, "She's just...flirting."

"She definitely flirts with you a lot, pal," Steve said as he came closer. "And if there's a chance to be happy there, you should take it..."