25

Kissing.

         It was odd how something so strange (or at least she thought it was quite strange) was complete magic. Oh, how it gave her butterflies. Or how when the mere touch of his lips seemed to place static electricity in her veins all the way from her head to her toes. Her blood buzzed with warmth and she felt a bit dizzy or maybe that was just what joy did.

           But despite how she felt about it and how she definitely wanted to do it again, she had the distinct feeling that she was somehow doing it wrong. The act seemed strange and she didn't quite know how to master such a strange act; it didn't help that she knew Tony had so much more experience than she did.

          It made her feel incompatible.

           It was why when Tony did kiss her, she would only do so for a moment before she hid her head away. That would be as much as the act as she would allow in a day.

              It had been a month like this as they traveled the world on their vacation. They were currently in Paris. It was the evening and they were supposed to be watching a movie.

             Tony had his arm around her shoulders. He was whispering sweet nothings to her as he placed slow, smoldering kisses across her cheek and she had a small smile as he did so. But she knew the destination of his lips and before he could get there, she pulled away and out of his arms.

          She scooted away from him a bit as she crossed her arms without looking at him, "We should focus back on the movie."

            Tony blinked in confusion. She seemed to always enjoy being close to him but when he went to kiss her she'd usually pull away. It was frustrating and he wondered what exactly he did wrong.

             He softly asked, "Snow, if I'm crossing a boundary I shouldn't cross, tell me."

           "It's not that," she denied without looking at him still which drove him crazy; he couldn't stand not seeing those beautiful green eyes of hers.

              "Oh, I see," Tony teased as he moved a bit closer to her. "So kissing me is revolting then."

              Her eyes widened as she quickly looked at him, "No!"

               "So you do like kissing me?" Tony smirked.

                "Yes," she blushed.

              "Then what is it? I thought you were just shy but now I know there's something more."

                 Eira looked at him carefully before she replied quietly, "What if I'm bad at it?"

               Tony stared at her before he started to laugh. She looked offended before she shoved him slightly, "It's not funny."

               "I mean, it sort of is," he pinched his fingers together slightly in the air. "Just a little bit."

               She huffed and looked away from him before Tony confessed, "Snowflake, kissing you is the highlight of my life. You couldn't be bad at it."

                She peeked at him from the corner of her eyes with a small smile, "It's the highlight of your life?"

            "Well, technically, you are," Tony tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "But yes."

         The response was immediate as she pulled him to her by his shirt before she kissed him. It was a short, sweet kiss but it nevertheless left him breathless. As his forehead rested against hers, he teased, "That's really all I needed to say?"