44

It was nearing Christmas.

Eira went to Stark Industries to sign something on Tony's behalf; it had something to do with the stocks. Forging signatures was technically illegal but it's not like she would ever get caught.

She finished signing them before she slid the papers over to Pepper who smiled, "Thank you for coming down here. I've been trying to get Tony to and he's..."

"Difficult," Eira finished for her with a small smile. "I know. If he's giving you any trouble at all, Pepper, just call me."

"Will do," Pepper smiled as they walked to the exit of the room.

Happy joined them as they exited as he looked at Pepper, "All good, boss?"

"Yes, we are just fine. Thank you, Happy," Pepper answered before she looked at the time of her watch. "I have just enough time to grab lunch before the next meeting. Do you want anything?"

"I'm good, Pepper. Thank you," Eira said. "I think I'm just gonna go home to see Tony."

"Alright," Pepper said politely. "Are you still having that Christmas party?"

"Tony insists so yes," Eira chuckled a bit.

"I will see you then," Pepper said as she started to walk away.

"Bye, Pepper," Eira smiled before they parted ways.

Eira took the elevator down. When she stepped out and went to move around the corner, she ran right into somebody. It felt like a brick wall and it threw her off balance as her body tilted backwards but she felt hands reach out and grab both of her arms, steadying her.

She looked up to find a man with long, soft blond hair. He had a light, blue eyes. And he currently wore a bright smile like a Cheshire cat directed right at her, "Hi."

"Thank you," she said politely.

"No problem," he removed his arms but kept the smile as he held his hand out for her to shake. "Aldrich Killian but you can just call me Killian."

"Eira," she shook his hand shortly as she gave him a tight-lipped smile because she knew exactly why he wanted her to call him Killian. "It's nice to meet you, Aldrich."

"Right," his smile turned into one of amusement before he scratched the back of his head. "I already know who you are. I mean, I'm a big fan."

"Thanks. Again," she said politely as she started to move around him. "Well, maybe I'll see you again."

She was already out of earshot as he muttered, "Sooner than you think."

_____

Eira pulled into the driveway to find a bunch of marigolds planted outside the house on the sides. She smiled as she got out of the car and went inside.

She found Tony sitting on the couch in his Iron Man suit and she frowned, "You're wearing that inside now?"

"Just breakin' it in," Tony answered as the suit stood up.

"How did drinks with Rhodey go?" she asked as the suit took off her coat.

"Uh...good," Tony replied as he thought about the panic attack he had and he quickly changed subjects. "How did you like my Christmas present out front? You're always talking about decorating and..."