19

They were back in Malibu.

Snow was currently with Pepper as she brought the assistant to the Stark Mansion. Tony was in his workshop as he examined his arc reactor.

One of the arm robots knocked over a blender and Tony reprimanded, "You! I will turn you into a wine rack if you don't have Snow's smoothie made before she gets here.."

The robot looked down sadly.

Tony was so ecstatic to have Snow back. He knew that he should still carry some anger but he knew realistically if she didn't do the crime she did, someone else would have. His parents were always going to die and he could've held it against Snow but he didn't want to anymore.

Tony then drank his concoction that would help with the side effects of his palladium poisoning, "How many ounces a day of this gobbledegook am I supposed to drink?"

"We are up to 80 ounces a day to counteract the symptoms, sir," Jarvis reported.

"Check palladium levels."

"Blood toxicity, 24%. It appears that the continued use of the Iron Man suit is accelerating your condition. Another core has been depleted."

Tony lifted up his shirt and took the arc reactor out of his chest before popping the core out which was rusting and smoking, "God, they're running out quick."

"I have run simulations on every known element, and none can serve as a viable replacement for the palladium core."

Tony put in a new core before placing the arc reactor back in his chest. Then he looked at the blue veins running along his chest starting from the arc reactor as Jarvis continued, "You are running out of both time and options. Unfortunately, the device that's keeping you alive is also killing you."

"Miss Snow and Miss Potts are approaching. I recommend that you inform them..."

"Mute," Tony said as he let his shirt fall back down.

As soon as they walked in, Tony stared at Snow, "Good, you're here. Did you tell her?"

"I was about to," Snow said.

"Tell me what?" Pepper asked.

"Pepper..." Snow said slowly. "We think you should be CEO of Stark Industries."

"I...I don't know what to say," Pepper said in surprise. "I don't even think I'm qualified."

"You are one of the most qualified people we know," Tony said. "Now just say thank you."

Pepper gave him a look as she paused, "I...thank you."

"You're welcome," Tony stated with a small smirk. "Now who wants a celebratory drink? I think we should have one."

One of the robot arms held out a tray of drinks and Tony quickly grabbed the smoothie like he was eager to impress before turning to Eira, "Snowflake, your favorite."

"You...remembered?" she asked quietly.

"Of course I remembered," Tony stared at her with a soft look in his eyes. She smiled a bit that caused his own proud smirk to form before she sipped on the pina colada smoothie that Tony had introduced her to.

Pepper looked between the two of them with a shake of her head before going over to the robot and getting her own drink since Tony was completely infatuated with staring at Eira. She was sure that Tony gave up his entire company just so he could see Eira again because she owned half the stocks so she would have to sign as well. Either way, it was nice to see the light return to his eyes again.

_____

The next day, Stark Industries was being signed over to Pepper.

"The notary has arrived," Nat announced as she brought a man that had a leather portfolio under his arms. Snow had kind of had Nat be an assistant for Pepper as well since Pepper had a lot more responsibilities than she did.

Snow jumped up from her seat with Pepper and went over to the dark-haired man. She smiled at him, "So what do I sign?"

His eyes went wide as he saw her. She was beautiful and he had completely paused for a moment in awe.

"Is something wrong?" she said said in concern as he didn't respond to her and he only stared; she didn't understand the look.

"I-No," he denied as he opened the portfolio. "I just need a fingerprint and a signature."

"Where do you want it?" she asked.

He grabbed her hand and gently dipped her thumb in the dye before pressing it to the paper. She smiled up at him in thanks.

Tony was in the boxing ring and he halted at the look the notary was giving his Snowflake. Happy had accidentally hit him because of it. He started to glare at the notary before he immediately stepped out of the ring and wedged himself between the two as he knocked the notary out of the way.

"Alright, where do I sign?" Tony said quickly. "So we can get this over with..." And he could get rid of the man that looked at his Snowflake the wrong way.

"Right, Mr. Stark," the man remembered before having Tony sign and he went on his way.

"That was rude," Snow smacked his arm for just shoving himself into the center.

"What was rude was the lack of space he was giving you," Tony argued.

"A lack of space?" Eira said in confusion. "You took all the space."

"Exactly."

Pepper and Natalie watched on as they talked like they were in their own little world before Nat commented, "Are they always like this?"

"Oh, always," Pepper said. "You get used to it."