36

When she entered the quinjet after Phil, she was surprised to find one of her friends was already there. She smiled widely, "Bucky!"

            She hugged him tightly and he smiled as he greeted, "Butterfly."

            She let go of him as she asked, "What are you doing here?"

           "Well, this idiot decided to come so I had to as well," Bucky gave a pointed look to Steve.

             "Thanks, Buck," Steve said dryly from his seat.

             "You're welcome."

              "Hi, Steve," she greeted with a small smile.

             He gave her a little smile back, "Eira."

            She took the seat beside Steve and Bucky sat next to her. Phil handed her a monitor, "This is will tell you all you need to know."

             She turned it on to go through all these files. Bucky and Steve watched the videos plays in her lap. There was one on Steve. Bucky. Tony. And there some surprising things on the Hulk and Thor. Thor was a God from outer space which was news to her; the fact that an alien visited Earth last year hadn't been public knowledge.

           Then there was the mission. Apparently, the God, Loki, stole the tesseract and planned to take over the Earth. They had to stop him.

              "Well, this certainly feels like doomsday times when you find out aliens actually exist," Eira commented.

             Bucky and Steve both chuckled before Steve looked at Phil, "So, this Dr. Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me?"

           "A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula."

           "Poor guy," Eira pouted as she watched some of the footage of him transforming; it looked like it hurt.

          "When he's not that thing, though, the guy's like a Stephen Hawking..." Phil said.

              He was met with three blank faces.

        "He's like a smart person."

         Steve got up to stand by the cockpit, watching as they flew over the water. She wondered where exactly home base was.

        "I gotta say, it's an honour to meet you officially," Phil stared at Steve. "I've sort of met you. I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping. I mean, I was present while you were unconscious from the ice...."

           She chuckled a bit and she shared a look with Bucky. Steve gave them both dirty looks.

         "You know, it's really just a huge honour to have you on board this..."

        "I hope I'm the man for the job," Steve stated.

         "Oh, you are. Absolutely. We made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input."

       "The uniform? Aren't the stars and stripes a little old-fashioned?"

        "With everything that's happening and the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old-fashioned..."

            "Well, he's definitely that," Bucky teased.

            "You know what, Buck..." Steve playfully glared.