43

It was Thanksgiving.

As much as they used chefs, they did not today. She was being the chef because cooking was actually kind of something she enjoyed and she was up early getting the Turkey in the oven. She was also making a whole bunch of pies and the sides.

There was just so much to do even though they were only having Pepper, Rhodey, and Happy come over. She was excited to host people but really she was just glad to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving for the first time in the three years she'd been out of the cave.

Currently, she was making a pie as she facetimed Bucky. She had taught him how to do it so he knew even though Steve was hopeless.

"Happy Thanksgiving, butterfly," he greeted.

"I really wish I could be there," she frowned. "So I could, I don't know, make you a pie or something."

Bucky chuckled, "You're here in spirit."

"So Steve is there?" she asked.

"Yeah. He's determined to make a turkey," Bucky said and she saw he was heading into a kitchen. "I think he's failing pretty miserably, though."

"I can do this all day if I have to," she heard Steve in the background, sounding pretty aggravated that he couldn't conquer the art of making a turkey.

She chuckled before greeting, "Hi, Steve."

"Hey, Eira," she could see Steve smile as Bucky flipped the screen. "So Bucky said you were really telling Tony today?"

Her eyes widened as Bucky scolded Steve, "Steve, that was a secret. You weren't supposed to say anything."

"Oh."

              "Eira, I'm so sorry," Bucky flipped the screen and she could see he was frowning before he smiled slightly. "But...are you telling him?"

              "Bucky!" she lectured in a nervous tone. "Well, now I'm not so sure."

             "What? You were sure yesterday."

              "Now Steve knows and now there's pressure..."

              "Eira..." Bucky started to argue but Tony came into the kitchen and she quickly cut him off.

           "That's great, Bucky. I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving," and she hung up.

             She smiled widely at Tony and he gave her a suspicious look before he shook his head, "I'm not even going to ask."

             "Did you sleep well?" she asked as she put a pie on the oven.

           "Well, not that well once you got up," Tony answered grumpily that she got up so early and left his arms.

           She smiled in amusement before she stepped over and kissed him shortly, "I had to cook."

            "You didn't have..." Tony surveyed the kitchen and all the chaos. "Why is there so much?"

              "Did I go overboard?" she bit her lip.

             "Yes," he said in an obvious tone.

             She pouted before she smiled slightly, "But what's that quote...the more the merrier?"

                "That is correct, Snowflake," Tony stared at her and those gorgeous green eyes before he breathed out. "And you are so adorable when you say it that I think I can feel the holiday spirit..."