55

They figured out where Ultron was going next after Fury had shown up. Ultron wanted to create himself a body so he was going to the doctor, Helen Cho, who had the regeneration cradle. They also figured that somehow the nuclear codes were being changed periodically by some unknown source.

So, Eira went with Steve, Nat, and Clint to confront Ultron. Tony went to Norway to find out who was changing the nuclear codes while Bucky and Bruce went back to the Avengers Tower; those two were, sadly, the most liability if Wanda Maximoff was present so it was decided that they'd stay put.

They had found Helen Cho wounded in her lab and Ultron was gone along with the cradle but he couldn't be far. They had found the semi-truck he was in.

Steve was fighting Ultron on top of the truck. Eira rode with Nat on the motorcycle as they caught up to the truck. Once they did, Nat threw Steve his shield that he dropped and Eira jumped off the motorcycle right before Ultron used gravity repulsion tech to make the ground rise up in front of the bike. It caused Nat to come to a screeching halt.

Eira grabbed onto the edges of the truck before swinging herself upwards and landing on top of the truck. Ultron threw a punch at Steve before she made lightning strike against the robot.

Part of his metal became charred as he looked back at her angrily before he fired a blast at her from one of his repulsors. She was sent flying backwards and she was almost sent off the truck but she gripped the sides again.

She pulled herself back up and Steve was fighting him a lot closer to her than before. She was able to grab onto Ultron's metallic arm and she thought about his being starting to burn.

The metal around the arm started to melt and Ultron smacked Steve harshly that sent him flying off the truck and into a subway car across from them. Ultron looked down at her with a displeased tone, "Eira, you have become a problem."

Ultron grabbed her wrist and lifted off into the air. It disrupted her using her powers. She screamed slightly as the ground grew farther and farther away. His grip was iron as she struggled against it.

"I'll let you in one of my plans, Eira, since you are my favorite..." Ultron said as he carried her into the clouds. "To make you fall."

And he let go of her.

She started falling the through the thousands of feet he had carried her. She flailed as she panicked and as she did so, a tornado started to follow her down to wrap her in its embrace.

As she started to feel the winds whip around her and spin her, she realized something. She could use the wind...to fly.

She didn't quite know how to do that. She, especially, didn't have much time to figure that out as she hurtled towards the city below.

She attempted using the wind to slow her down. She was panicked and it didn't work before she closed her eyes. She didn't think about the possibility that she could die; she didn't think about anything except feeling weightless.

Then suddenly she was. Right before she hit ground, her body stopped in midair as winds whipped beneath her. She peeked her eyes open to find she was frozen in the air right above the pavement and as she took in the wonder of it, losing focus, she dropped the couple of feet to the ground.

"Eira!" she heard Steve shout as he ran towards her and he gave her a hand up. "Jesus, I saw you fall..."

She gave him a small smirk, "Apparently, I'm invincible."