56

The city was flying.

They were trying to get as many people out of the city before it started to fly upwards. She was with Steve as Tony kept Ultron distracted; Bucky had gone underground with Thor to get Nat and see what Ultron was up to.

Bucky and Nat had just made it above ground on the city just before it started to fly. She saw Nat and she immediately rushed to her and gave her a hug, "Nat! You're okay."

"All good," Nat nodded before looking around them at the floating sphere as many flying robots started to come at them. "And this all looks horrible..."

They immediately started fighting and she turned some to ash. Bucky destroyed some with his metal arm while Steve used his shield. Nat used guns.

Then the edges of the floating city started to fall off. They were on a bridge so she could see it clearly and she immediately flung her hands out, stopping anymore debris from falling, as vines wrapped around the whole rock of the city.

That exhausted her and she missed the fact that a robot was approaching her from behind. Bucky grabbed it and punched his hand through its chest. She gave him a grateful nod as he said warningly, "Guard up, butterfly."

She nodded before she fought more robots by showing them the power of deadly flower vines. Some of them were in the sky trying to shoot at civilians.

She sighed, "I think it's time I learned how to fly."

"Just don't bring a tornado down this time," Steve teased a bit.

"Will do," she saluted before she commanded the wind and lifted herself up. She was flying.

She drew the robots that Ultron created to her. She flew away from the civilians before she started to throw lightning at the robots. As she flew, she could look at the flying city that was just one big rock. One that was apart of Earth...

_____

They'd managed to thin out the robots for the time being. Fury had arrived with a helicarrier and civilians were being loaded onto it. She landed back down next to her team as Steve said over the comms, "The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Tony?"

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear."

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

"I think..." Eira suggested. "I can do it."

They all looked at her as Bucky furrowed his eyebrows, "How?"

"It's just one big rock," Eira said. "I can control that. I can bring it down. Slowly."

"It sounds feasible," Nat nodded a bit.

"Uh, no," Tony said over the comms in worry. "It is a giant rock. What if you do it and it's too much for you?"

"I can do it," she said in a strong voice. "But everyone has to be off of here first."

"Then I say we have a job to do," Steve stated.

Bucky and Nat were assigned to get civilians off the rock. But the rest of them were going to the core as the rest of the robots were headed towards it to use it and make the city free fall. Before that happened, everyone needed to be off. As she walked with Steve to the core, her nose started to bleed which she quickly wiped away.