23

Eira had left the party completely and had walked the cliffside in her frustration. She had no idea the destruction that her fallout with Tony ended up causing.

Tony got wasted with alcohol and when Pepper attempted to ask him where Eira was, he refused to talk. "Let's not talk about her."

He couldn't stand to think about how badly he screwed up with her. He didn't really consider how she would've felt if he died and she started making all these plans. He was only ever thinking about the now and it was just a kiss for him; he didn't consider that it would be more for her.

He shouldn't have just kissed her as he should've asked and he should've told her about the palladium poisoning before he did so. So he drank and hoped he could forget. He even started to blast glass bottles with the repulsors on his hands.

It ended horribly when Rhodey took control of the other suit and they began fighting. The whole house was nearly destroyed in their fight before Rhodey took off with the suit and he was left alone.

It was now the next day and Fury, the Director of SHIELD, found him atop a donut shop. They were now sitting inside as he got lectured.

"I told you I don't wanna join your super-secret boy band," Tony stated grumpily.

"No, no, no. See, I remember, you do everything yourself. How's that working out for you?"

"It's...I'm sorry. I don't wanna get off on the wrong foot. Do I look at the patch or the eye? Honestly I'm a bit hung over. I'm not sure if you're real of if I'm having..."

"I am very real. I'm the realest person you're ever gonna meet."

"Just my luck. Where's the staff here?"

"That's not looking so good," Fury looked at the blue veins visible on his neck.

"I've been worse."

"We've secured the perimeter but I don't think we should hold it for too much longer," an agent walked in and stood in front of their booth.

Tony looked over the top of his sunglasses to see Natalie, "You're fired."

"That's not up to you," she sat down next to Fury.

"So you've been spying on Snow?" Tony said. "That's a wonderful violation of friendship."

"It was my job," Nat defended.

"Tony, this is Agent Romanoff," Fury introduced. "She was assigned to your girl six months ago."

"Technically, she's not my girl because she hasn't actually agreed but I'm working on it because obviously, I'd like her to be..."

Fury furrowed his eyebrows, "Does he get like this every time she comes up?"

"Every time," Nat smirked.

Tony rolled his eyes. He wasn't like he could help it. He kind of loved to talk about Eira so it's not like he wanted to help it, either.

"What did you do to her, anyways?" Nat asked. "She came to Pepper this morning crying..."

"Well, you're the one assigned to her," Tony snapped. "You should know."

Fury interrupted the cat fight between them to get them back on track, "You've been very busy. You made your assistant your CEO, ran off your girl, you're giving away all your stuff. You let your friend fly away with your suit. Now, if I didn't know better..."