R E E D

"Hey, question. How do you tease a guy?" I ask Maddie after practice, approaching her after hours of thinking about how to go about asking. It wasn't nearly as smooth as I thought it would be.

"I could tell you wanted to talk to me all practice and you choose to ask me sex questions while I'm in the shower? Really, Reed?" She asks, looking at me over the wall that divides us. I shrug.

"If you don't wanna help, I won't ask again. It's embarrassing enough that I have no clue what I'm doing." I look away, hoping that being honest about it will help my case.

"Obviously, I'll help, but two things. First, it's not embarrassing. Everyone starts somewhere and just because you're a virgin—"

"Please say that again, but just a little louder this time. I'm not sure every member of the team heard." I say sarcastically and Maddie rolls her eyes, turning around to get her ink-black hair wet.

"Secondly, I don't think it's something you really need help with. That boy has been giving you bedroom eyes for weeks. But if you want my help, it's nothing. I'll think of something that'll get him to jump you," She gives me mischievous eyes, and my own widen. We never talked about guys and romance together until all of these changes started happening with me, always having casual, fun conversations about life and whatever else. I have no idea what to expect from Miss. Man-eater herself.

Ready to put my plans into action, I wait a few days until both Farris and I have relatively free days, but still share a class and have another and are forced to spend time apart. Apparently, this is key. We start with breakfast.

Me: Morning, caf for breakfast?

I text him and throw my phone on my bed while I pick out an outfit, something different, but not too unusual. This isn't a fashion show, this is a mission. Instead of my usual t-shirt and soccer shorts, I instead go for a pair of light bike shorts that have a seam made to look your ass look amazing. Like a push-up bra for your butt.

My top is part of a matching set, long sleeve, and a little low-cut with a squared neckline that feels like too much with the size of my chest, but I can't lie and say the set doesn't make my curves look great. I pack a baggy t-shirt in my bag to change into later and finally look at my phone to see that Farris responded.

Only a minute after my initial text, he said:

Farris: I'll come get you. Now good?

Farris: Don't keep me waiting, Rat. Got me thinking about food and now I'm starving.

I smirk and type out a reply.

Me: My bad, had to pack my gym bag for after. Wanna hit legs with me after food?

I ask him, fully knowing that he will have a class to get to after we eat, not leaving a large enough window for him to do both.

Farris: I have to work out later. Class. :/

Farris: So, food..?

Me: Come get me.

After sending my text, I twist my hair up and clip it so it's away from my face and neck, grabbing a pair of white converse and shoving them in my gym bag along with my change of clothes and books for Math later. I head downstairs practically skipping, eager to see Farris and to try out my new tricks.

I want my damn kiss.

My bag is at my feet and just as I'm about to greet Farris as he approaches, my attention is stolen by some guy asking for directions to a specific library.