F A R R I S

Jesus Christ. Green is my new favourite color.

Watching Reed walk away, strutting with the confidence of someone who knows they're being watched and admired, I can't help but smile. I don't know if she thinks I'm not aware of the fact that she's doing this on purpose to tease me, to get me to kiss her, but I couldn't care less. This is fun.

She's stepping out of her comfort zone to win this game we're playing, using her words and her curves to tempt me and it's fucking working. Shaking myself out of it once she's mostly out of sight, I make my way to my classroom for Advanced Mathematics and sit by my usual desk partner.

She's eagerly waiting for my arrival, head on her hand and big eyes looking up at me, gauging my mood and narrowing her eyes at my shit-eating grin. "You got laid," She states as if it's a fact, rather than an incorrect observation, and without the grin budging from my face, I shake my head.

"A blowjob," She says much too loud and I snort, unpacking my bag to put my supplies on the table, looking up at the slides and working them out on paper, readying my clicker. We both ignore the stares of our classmates around us as she continues to name sexual favors and I shake my head.

"My girl is teasing me to get me to give in," I admit.

"Your girl?" Hannah shrieks. Her tone betrays her disappointment, as she's been trying to steal Reed from me since the first time she saw her, although I don't believe the two have ever had a proper conversation. She's held out hope over the fact that I had my head up my ass up until recently, which she wasn't afraid to tell me the last time we had this class together and I told her about Reed's confession. "Oh my god you two are official? Who would have thought?"

"Not me," I joke and she laughs.

"No but real talk," She turns to fully face me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "If you fuck this up..." She winces and I nod.

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, Han."

"Just saying. She's beloved."

"I fucking know. I'm one of her worshippers." I say as a joke but it's true. Reed is my favourite person in the world, and I'd protect her from everything. Didn't stop me from being selfish but I'm confident enough to know that I would never willingly cause her any pain. "You should have seen her today. You would have had a heart attack." I say, attempting to change the subject, even slightly.

Hannah leans in close, whispering "details". I roll my eyes.

"You'd have to kill me for those."

"You two are made for each other, fucking tease."

Sweating and breathing hard, I dismount the horizontal bar once again and after clapping my hands causes a cloud of chalk to fly up in front of my face, through the white I see green.

Reed stands off the the side, slow clapping me as I step off the mat and I smile at the sight of her. My girl, as I referred to her as earlier, standing around and watching my practice. My chest inflates at the thought of her cheering me on, coming to an actual competition. Unfortunately, our games, practices, and competitions always conflict, and she's never been able to come to a competition of mine as they're always so far away.

"Thought you were busy, nerd."

"Turns out I was able to make time," She says, looking down at my hand.

"Liar," I say and her head darts up. "You were planning on coming the whole time. If you had needed to study, you would be studying right now," I smirk.