R E E D

After everything going on with Charlotte and the team, Farris and I's brand new relationship has been put on the back burner. I only just realized that I hadn't even had the chance to tell anyone about us yet, sitting on the news for one night before everything decided to blow up.

Whatever is going on with Charlotte, she doesn't seem to want to tell me, and pushing her only puts a strain on our friendship, so I've decided to let her come to me and focus on the things I can control.

Farris isn't the type to get clingy or upset about us not spending every waking moment together, but it's been a week and both of us are feeling it after our date and almost kiss. Now that he's given in I refuse to, not allowing him to kiss me and letting him be the one to get me to give in.

Playing around with him has always been a fun distraction and one that I desperately need right now, so I show up at his dorm when I know he doesn't have any classes or practice. Xander opens the door and I greet him with a smile.

"Long time no see, Rat. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"You know I'm not here to see you, where's Annie?"

"You mean your boyfriend?" He says in a teasing tone and I feel a blush rising.

"He told you?"

"Did he tell me. He only came home swooning like a teenage girl about it. Now he's sulking in his room," Xande informs me and I pout as I push past, making my way to my boyfriend's room to surprise him. When I push the door open, I see that he's on his bed in the dark with his phone screen lighting up his face.

He moves his phone to the side to see and smiles immediately upon recognizing me. I take a few steps and leap onto his bed, making the both of us bounce a bit as I land on my stomach right next to his outstretched legs. "Hiya," I greet.

"Miss me?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Sure, pal."

"You gotta stop 'pal-ing' me now that we're dating."

"Okay, bro. Whatever you want," I smirk, turning onto my side to face him and his eyes dart down to my chest. I don't need to look down to see that my position has my boobs pressed together and therefore almost spilling out of my light support sports bra and tank top. My face once again turns red, but at the realization that I want him to see me in this state and that it doesn't need to be uncomfortable because we aren't just friends.

"I liked pal better. I am still your pal. I'm definitely not your bro."

"Thank god for that, otherwise it would be a little weird with you staring at my chest like that."

His eyes dart away. "I don't know what you're talking about," He plays dumb. That's a choice.

"Uh-huh," I say as I lean up onto my elbows, propping my head in my hands and looking up at him. "Admit it and I'll kiss you," I dare and his eyes move back to meet mine.

"Who says I want that?" He asks as his tongue peeks out to wet just his lower lip, and only for a fraction of a second. His words do nothing to lessen my confidence though because Farris' actions have always spoken so much louder than his words.

Pushing back onto my knees, I look him in the eyes for a second before swinging one knee over his legs to straddle him. I'm careful not to sit too high up just yet but his breathing gets a little heavier and his eyes can't focus on anything for too long.

"I just have this feeling," I say, dropping down so that my arms and hands are propping me up and resting just beside his hips. I'm on all fours and he's still sitting up slightly against the pillows, so our heights are staggered in this position and I'm looking up at him slightly, but not for long as I crawl up above him, careful not to put any weight on him. Yet.