R E E D

I've been in love with my best friend for so long, I don't remember what it's like not to be. Dating your best friend, it takes some getting used to, but I think we're managing pretty well.

Wanting to have sex with your best friend? Entirely different.

I've had some impure thoughts about Farris over the year, sure. Before we started dating, I thought about kissing him on multiple occasions, but I was never the type to daydream about explicit scenarios. But throughout our entire date, I haven't been able to keep my eyes off of him and my mind is running wild with possibilities of the night.

I've even tried to subtly hint at where I'd like the night to go but judging by his reaction, I'm the only one of us struggling with this. Hand in hand, we make our way up the walkway to some stranger's house. Farris looks at me, surprised that I've taken him to a house party and I'm content with the fact that I'm slightly less predictable than he thought.

The second the door opens, I have no idea what I was expecting coming here. Why does it feel easier to get someone alone when you're surrounded by people?

"Did you want a drink?" Farris asks and I nod. One drink for confidence and I'm cutting myself off. Farris confidently leads me through the house, nodding when someone acknowledges him but continuing on his way without pause. I smile at the back of the man on a mission.

"What are we thinking?" He asks, looking over the assortment of alcohol. I purse my lips, doing the same and he grabs a few things and starts putting a drink together. I don't know what anything in it is besides the juice but I trust Farris' knowledge of me enough to give it a try when he's done stirring with a spoon he found in the drawer.

"Mhmm," My eyes widen in delighted surprise and I nod up at Farris with the glass touching my lips. My eyes flutter when I realize how close we are, and thankfully I have a good grip on my glass. Farris' stomach is pressing against mine due to the limited space in the busy kitchen, everything below our chests is crushed together comfortably.

His knowing smirk turns into a grin as I finish the drink. I avoid his eyes as my own smile grows, licking my lips to gather the rest of the sweet taste. "Want another? You seemed to like that," He says, his voice proud and I shake my head, grabbing his hand.

"Let's go play a game," I say and he furrows his eyebrows, the silver glint of his piercing drawing my attention for a moment, confused.

"What kind of game?"

I shrug. "The kind that gets you to—" My eyes widen knowing he can't see me and I continue to pull him along.

"The kind that gets me to what?" His voice is teasing now and I don't dare look back as I weave in and out of groups, taking us room to room to find someone we know or something interesting to do.

"I just got distracted, wasn't anything important," I attempt to make my voice sound nonchalant but I don't think it works. He doesn't call me out on it, following dutifully. "Perfect," I mumble under my breath as I spot a familiar face.

"Skyler! Hey!" I wave at Xander's teammate whom I've only met a handful of times and I'm taken aback when he greets me as if we've been best friends for life with a bear hug that breaks Farris and I's handhold when he picks me up and spins me around. Farris looks like he's trying to place Skyler's face so I help him out. "Xander's teammate," I mumble when Skyler puts me down and Farris nods, his eyes on Skyler's arm still around my waist.

"Reed, I'm so happy to see you here. Everyone is being lame and nobody is going along with anything I want to do," He whines and I laugh, subtly stepping back into Farris' chest.

"We were just looking for something to do. Any ideas?" I ask, grimacing when I see the walking boot on his foot but he just shrugs me off.

"That's old news. I can walk now. But what about Twister?" He asks, looking around at his small group of friends gathered on and around. Few couches. I recognize a few other guys on Xander's team and give them small smiles.