※ nine

After a long day at work, Yoongi spent that night staring at the sky-blue ceiling. His body was on a silky purple small rocking bed, with an arm as a pillow and an orange-flavored lollipop in his mouth.

No one knew he was staying the night at the shop. Nonetheless, it wasn't the first time he'd stayed there. Therefore, no one would be surprised to see his unexpected presence at the store.

He usually stayed there when he forgot to pay his electrical bills. It was a little inconvenient to do it using e-payment. Although he adored his phone, he was irritated that some programs were incompatible with it, despite the fact that the operating systems had been upgraded. Furthermore, doing it via the browser was a more vexing process. Slow loading, account verification, and lag.

His parents would pay him visits from time to time, and he would let them stay in his rental apartment. He didn't have any problems with his parents, though. As the family's youngest son, he was frequently pampered by his family, and as a result, whenever his parents came to visit, he was always late for work. Min Yoongi was incapable of saying 'no' to his parents or anyone older than him.

His parents, on the other hand, were not in Seoul. The electricity bills for that month had been paid - with difficulty. He was just too exhausted to go back home, and even too lethargic to turn the wheel.

If Jung Jiwoo discovered that he stayed at the boutique due to idleness, he needed to pack some tissues in case his ears bled. He chuckled at the thought.

Despite his exhaustion, his mind returned to the interviews he had conducted with Seokjin earlier that day. To tell you the truth, the way the interview went that day was a letdown. Needless to say, he had no expectations that this would be easy. His nose drew a deep sigh.

After that, he remembered the nursing student. She made a modest start, providing him and Seokjin with any information they might require. Not to mention, she seemed to meet the requirements for a person like Hoseok.

A future possible nurse becoming his assistant. Given Hoseok's need for so much time to adjust to a new person, the girl appeared to be an excellent fit. He couldn't recall her name, but he had a mental note of 'the nurse girl.'

He wanted to talk to Seokjin about it, but they were too preoccupied with keeping Hoseok from finding out that they were hiring an assistant for him. It didn't seem like a good idea to phone the older man at this hour. At this hour, Seokjin was most likely sleeping. He didn't want to bother the man's younger sister with a phone call, so he didn't.

He heard the entrance door click as he removed the lollipop stick from his mouth and tossed it into a nearby trash can. His brows furrowed when he heard the door unlocked, followed by the sound of the curtain sliding. He shifted his weight to face the entrance.

Yoongi didn't bother to say the person's name. Instead, his brows furrowed even more, perplexed by the sudden presence.

As the uninvited guest raised his head, he noticed who was laying down on the rocking, small bed. He mumbled, "h-hyung."

Yoongi finally lifted his body with the help of his elbow. "What are you doing here?" he said, as the small bed rocked a little.

"I... left my sketchbook."

Yoongi's eyes shifted to the item in the latter's hand. "It's in your hand though," he said.

Hoseok lowered his gaze to the object he was holding. He muttered a whispered curse before lifting his head to give Yoongi an awkward smile.

"What are you doing here?" Yoongi asked again.

"I should be the one asking you. Why are you here?"

"This isn't the first you seeing me staying here," Yoongi remarked. "But this is the first time I'm seeing you coming back to the store at this hour. So, why are you here?"