※ epilogue

[A/N: that's the K-drama Dear M in the photo... this chapter is gonna be long btw...]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A year and seven months had passed. Jiah was relieved to return sooner than everyone had predicted.

It was amusing to recall that Taehyung had been calling her once a week to discuss the happenings in Bejiwoo. He was also the one who updated her on Hoseok's well-being. Taehyung even jokingly mentioned that he called her more often than he did his own mother.

Jiah returned to Korea accompanied by Seokjin and Maru. Meanwhile, Amber had informed them that she would be back three days before Namjoon's graduation. She intended to attend and celebrate the event with them.

Summer had brought a smile to Jiah's face, and her fists trembled with excitement as she faced Seokjin, causing him to laugh. She eagerly anticipated meeting her beloved friends.

Sunlight bathed the airport through the windows, casting long shadows as visitors walked by or stood near the tall glass panes. Laughter and chatter from both locals and foreigners merged with the hum of rolling luggage and the distant rattle of carts. Seokjin and Maru conversed behind her.

Despite the summer heat, a cool chill lingered in the airport, causing Jiah's fingers to grow cold. The inviting aroma of coffee and pastries from cafes and bakeries created a sense of warmth, making her feel welcomed.

As the door to the arrival hall slid open, Jiah walked beside Seokjin, pushing the luggage-laden trolley. She looked at him and offered a smile, which he returned.

"Jiah!" Two familiar female voices called out. Spotting them, she saw her friends waving enthusiastically with wide grins.

"My sister, tsk," Seokjin scoffed. Beside her, he muttered, "She's looking at Jiah the moment she arrives. I feel unwelcome." He made an exaggerated, mocking face at his sister, and Jisoo mimicked the expression before glaring.

Jiah playfully slapped Seokjin's arm and laughed. "Don't be like that," she said, grinning.

Upon reaching the women, her friends grabbed her hands and jumped in excitement. "Jiah!" they squealed. "We've missed you!"

"I've missed you too!" Jiah replied, her eyes forming crescent moons as she smiled.

"You've cut your hair short!" Jisoo chimed, furrowing her eyebrows, widening her eyes, and parting her lips. "It suits you. You've become even more beautiful!"

Jiah touched her now shoulder-length hair. "Ah," she let out an exasperated breath, realizing she had forgotten about her haircut. Still smiling, she said, "Thank you." Her lips fell slightly, and her eyebrows raised as she asked, "Is it just the two of you?"

Wheein's dark blue lips curved upward. Wiggling her index finger, she emitted a long, deep hum and tiptoed closer to Jiah. "You wished Hoseok was here, didn't you?"

A silent gasp escaped Jiah's lips as she waved her hands from side to side. "That's not what I meant!"

"Aish!" Wheein playfully hissed, waving her hand down. "Don't worry, he's nearby!"

Jiah's eyes widened. "Where?" she asked, looking around.

Laughing, Wheein covered her mouth and said, "Did you see that, Jisoo? I was right!"