※ sixty

Amber had contacted her cousin, informing him that she would bring people who knew the victims to seek justice on their behalf. Jiah would represent her mother. As the Jung family was still in mourning, they had discussed having Seokjin and Amber go on their behalf—Hoseok remained unaware of this.

Maru couldn't face the Jung family, burdened by shame for his adopted brother and his family.

After their discussion, Jiah spotted Maru crying in the apartment lobby. She admitted to being worried about her friend's well-being. She hoped that winning the case would bring relief to many and make Maru happy.

She hoped Maru's efforts in gathering evidence wouldn't be in vain.

**********

The evening sun took its time to sink below the horizon, gradually transforming the reddish-orange sky into midnight blue. A flock of birds formed an arrow as they flapped across the sky. The Namsan Tower's summer breeze, brisk yet refreshing, mingled with the city's glowing white and yellow lights, creating a captivating contrast of landscape.

Jiah exhaled, taking in the calmness.

"Hey."

Jiah looked up and saw Seokjin settling down beside her on the ledge. "Hey!" she replied with a smile. When she noticed a bag next to Seokjin, she asked, "What did you bring?"

"Fried chicken and beer," he replied, smiling as he pulled out two cans of alcoholic beverages. "Oh, and Jisoo will be joining us soon."

Noting that, Jiah nodded. Before long, she felt an arm wrap around her from behind, playfully rocking her side to side. The person behind her cooed, "Hi, Jiah!"

Jiah grinned and chuckled. "Hi! How are you?"

"I'm great! Being with you makes me feel superb," Jisoo exclaimed, taking a seat next to Jiah. Jiah chuckled at her enthusiasm.

As Seokjin handed her two cans—one for her and one for Jisoo—Jiah passed one to Seokjin's sister and said, "Jisoo-yah, I'm sorry this is so sudden, but... I have a question."

Popping the tab of her can, Jisoo raised an eyebrow and asked, "what is it?"

"How is Hoseok?" Jiah inquired, causing the siblings to exchange glances. "He's been – He's been doing fine, is he?"

Jisoo's can landed gently on her baggy jeans. "Well," she whispered, her gaze shifting between Jiah and her brother. "I only saw him when I passed by the office on my way to the toilet. I don't think he's doing fine."

Jiah's gaze shifted from the can to Jisoo. "What else happened?"

"Hoseok has been arguing with Amber. He's been drinking more than two cups of coffee a day. And..." Jisoo's voice trailed off, her eyes meeting Jiah's hesitantly. She sighed, "He looks terrible."

Jiah quickly glanced at Jisoo before diverting her gaze to the cityscape. She let out a sigh.

Breaking the silence, Seokjin said, "Jiah, speaking of Hoseok..." He rested his drumstick-holding hand on his knee. "Aren't you planning to talk to him? By the way, he doesn't know we're leaving this Wednesday."

Jiah sighed. "I don't know. I still don't have the courage to face him. I'm not angry with him anymore, but I'm still upset." She took a sip of her drink, grimacing at its bitterness.

Jisoo chimed in, "He seems like he's on the brink of a breakdown. He looks like he needs you."

"I was there when he needed me. And then, he fired me for an illogical reason. He's always been hard on himself. He better find a way out on his own," Jiah muttered.

"That's what Amber unni said too!" Jisoo said. "I'm surprised you share the same thought."

Seokjin added, "They're right, you know? He started this mess, so he should be the one to finish it. It's a way to keep him grounded in reality instead of avoiding it."

"Nobody taught him that, you know that?" Jiah argued. "Not in a way that wouldn't scare him. You've seen how broken his family is."

"I know," Seokjin conceded. "Whatever he believed, he shouldn't have started it."

Jiah recalled how Hoseok used to tell her that he planned to punish his sister by wearing hoodies. Knowing his sister was no longer in this world might have left him unsettled. "I've been thinking about him. I don't understand why I feel this way, but it's troubling. It's strange that I miss him despite his cruel words. Imagining him vulnerable breaks my heart too."

Seokjin's smile grew, and a brief silence followed. He chuckled softly. "I see," he whispered, loud enough for Jisoo and Jiah to hear.

Both women turned to Seokjin. Jiah asked, "What?"

Seokjin lowered his gaze to his can, shaking his head at Jiah. He smiled and said, "It's nothing."

Jisoo scooted closer to Jiah, whispering, "He sounds jealous of Hoseok because you miss him."

Seokjin shot his sister a glare. He retorted, "I heard you, gorilla! Why would I be jealous of that boy? I see Jiah every day! To be honest, I'm already tired of her doe-eyed look."

Jiah widened her eyes, lips parting in astonishment. Clenching her jaw and tightly pursing her lips, she smacked Seokjin's thigh. Seokjin yelped, his face twisting in pain as he rubbed his throbbing thigh. Meanwhile, Jisoo burst into laughter.

Jiah and Seokjin continued to gaze at each other, amusement evident in their expressions before laughter erupted in their surroundings.

To Find Something Trueजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें