※ thirty-seven

Seokjin's gaze remained fixed on Wheein, his jaws clenched and fists balled tightly. His knuckles turned white as he cracked them. "Don't tell me you're dating my sister out of pity," he said.

Wheein chuckled and replied, "And what if I am?"

He scoffed, "It would make you no better than that fucker."

"It doesn't make sense for you to say I'm no better when I know better than anyone what makes her happy. Being petty about sex? That's not who I am. I never ask for sex or force her. You can even ask her," she said. "She's happier when she's with me. Until you ruined it."

Gulping, he said, "I don't need to ask her. You probably manipulated her and forced her into drugs."

"Ah," she muttered, lifting an eyebrow. "Is it because you know about my past addiction that you were against our relationship?"

Silence hung in the air.

Shaking her head, she continued, "Seokjin, Kim Seokjin. I may not have the best social circumstances or be the best person you've ever met. But if I'm meant to be the one to give Jisoo hope in love, I'm not giving up on her. I understand that everything you're doing now is to protect her, and you love her," she paused, tilting her head. Her bangs slid to one side. "- but you've become one of those people who believe that love and suffering go hand in hand."

Seokjin was left speechless.

"It's a shame that you're her brother. Isn't love supposed to be warm?" she asked. "But as her brother, you haven't shown her any of that, especially after you found out about us. She has already suffered enough because of one man, and now you, as a man, are making her even more scared."

He gulped again.

"You act like you know everything about your sister. Sadly, you've done a shitty job at that," Wheein spat. She rolled her eyes and turned on her heels to walk away, ignoring the guilt that may have gripped him.

After taking a few steps away, she heard him say, "Take me to Jimin."

Turning around, she found Seokjin already facing her.

"Take me to Jimin," he repeated. Coldness laced his stare, sending shivers down Wheein's spine. She had never seen him like this before. There was darkness in his tone as he added, "I'm going to kill him."

**********

"Son of a bitch!" he bellowed, sending a punch crashing into Jimin's face. It was a hard blow, but it didn't release all his pent-up rage. The bruise forming at the corner of Jimin's eye wasn't enough!

Jimin grunted, feeling the throbbing pain on his face.

Seokjin was about to throw another punch, but Jiah wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling him back. Despite his struggle to escape, he didn't want to hurt her. He grunted, "Let me go! I need to teach that fuck a lesson."

"But violence isn't the way, Seokjin!" Jiah cried out, her arms wrapped tightly around him, her head pressed against his back.

Hoseok, Jungkook, and Yoongi rushed to the scene. Yoongi exclaimed, "the fuck is going on?"

Seokjin's mind was consumed by anger, and he paid no attention to Yoongi's question. "I trusted you, Park Jimin... I trusted you. I fucking trusted you! Argh!" he shouted, his voice echoing across the beach. He ran his hand through his hair, attempting to find some semblance of calmness in the silence that followed, but he couldn't. Yoongi had to step in before his rage exploded once again.

"Let's go back so we can talk," Yoongi said calmly, his composed demeanor irritating Seokjin.

"I don't want to hear a single shit from his mouth when we get back," Seokjin replied through gritted teeth, pointing at Jimin on the ground. "You hurt my sister when you were in a relationship. You cheated on her, and that's not all. Did you force yourself on her, Park Jimin? Do you think I'll forgive that?"