※ forty-nine

To KookieWani0109:
as you suggested, girl 😂😂

To KookieWani0109:as you suggested, girl 😂😂

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The group reached the level where their rooms were located. Exiting the elevator, they scattered in different directions to go to their rooms. Joohee and Jiah found their room and noticed Hoseok walking past them to the door next to theirs. Taehyun and another boy – whose name was Joonmyung, thirteen years old – were with him.

Hoseok and Jiah made eye contact before smiling at each other and entered their rooms.

Jiah put down Joohee's bag on the bed and placed her luggage beside the television table. Joohee bounced on the bed, making Jiah chuckle. The little girl stopped bouncing when she reminded, "you need to wash up now. We have to go down again for meals."

Joohee obediently hopped down the bed and grabbed a hotel towel from the table. A few minutes later, the sound of the shower could be heard, followed by Joohee's sudden screaming. Jiah was startled but quickly calmed down when she heard the girl say, "the water is too cold."

"Do you need help?" Jiah shouted back.

"No, I'm a big girl. I can fix it."

Jiah released a sigh and chuckled. She went to the window and pushed both sides of the curtains. Water droplets slid down the glass as rain continued to pour. The sky showed a darker hue, signifying that night was about to come.

Hoseok had everything planned, but Jiah worried that the rain might force them to cancel their plans. With the children with them, she feared sudden cancellation might upset them. Nevertheless, she hoped nothing like that would happen.

After more than twenty minutes, Joohee stepped out of the bathroom in her pajamas with wet hair. She walked to her bag, took out a comb, and asked, "Jiah unni, please comb my hair," as she sat beside Jiah on the bed.

Without a word, Jiah grabbed the comb and a towel, gently ruffling the little girl's hair and untangling the knots in her hair. Once the hair was straightened with the comb, Joohee turned around and asked, "are you and Seokjin oppa dating?"

There you go again. Jiah displayed a forced smile and said, "nope!"

"How about you and Hoseok oppa? You two held hands!" Joohee said. Joohee's keenness surprised Jiah. The news of her assisting Hoseok during the event might have even reached the orphanage.

Incredulously, Jiah laughed. "We aren't dating," she said.

"Why were you holding hands then?" The girl tilted her head to one side, her bottom lip jutting out.

"Hoseok was sick. I had to hold his hand to help him be strong!"

Joohee gasped, her eyebrows raised. "Do you have some superpower?"