※ fifty-eight

There had been no sign of Jiah and Seokjin in the Bejiwoo for the past five months.

However, during that period, In-Kang and Company became embroiled in a controversy involving illegal activities. The company's stocks plummeted, causing distress for Bejiwoo as they received warning letters from the company, threatening closure unless a sum of money was paid.

Hoseok spent days and nights at his office, tirelessly working on designs. He felt troubled as Amber repeatedly rejected his sketches, claiming they didn't align with Bejiwoo's aesthetic.

Yoongi's assistance was limited. Ever since Seokjin's departure, Yoongi had taken on Seokjin's tasks. Amber offered no help, insisting that Hoseok solve the issue himself.

Stressed and helpless, Hoseok's patience thinned. He hurled his sketchbook against the wall. Amber saw that, but pretended she didn't

**********

Jiah had received no communication from Bejiwoo. However, she found out that Hoseok had fired Seokjin too. Jisoo informed her, though she didn't disclose the reason for his dismissal. Humiliated, despite the substantial salary she earned as Hoseok's P.A., Jiah decided to not beg for her job back.

Nevertheless, her dedication had enabled her to pay off half of her father's debt, providing some relief.

For the time being, she assisted her father at his barber shop. She felt it wasn't the right time to search for a new job. Reflecting on her past struggles before joining Bejiwoo, combined with lingering hurt from Hoseok's actions, she believed she needed some time to heal.

One day, as her father trimmed a client's hair, Jiah managed the counter. Suddenly, a shadow sized up at the entrance. Jiah and Mr. Lee turned, surprised to see an unexpected visitor dressed in sneakers, a grey t-shirt, and black jeans.

Mr. Lee stared at his astonished daughter, rendered speechless.

The man at the door looked at Jiah and tentatively asked, "May I... talk to you?"

**********

Jiah obtained her father's permission to bring the guest to their house. She offered him a cup of water and, for the past ten minutes, an awkward silence filled the living room. An undercurrent of anger persisted within Jiah as she clutched her fists on her thighs, afraid of misspeaking.

The palpable silence reverberated with their heartbeats, shattering the coldness in the room.

All of a sudden, the man rose from the couch, knelt on the ground, and lowered his gaze to the beige, laminate floor. Jiah finally looked at him.

Maru's gaze remained fixed on the floor. He murmured, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what my family has done to you."

Jiah's fists clenched even tighter, trembling. Hidden tears of sorrow and disappointment flowed freely. Through gritted teeth, she muttered, "Your apology won't bring my mom and Hoseok's sister back."

A heavy silence merged with Jiah's angry, shaky breaths. Maru struggled to find words. At first, Jiah doubted the sincerity of the apology, until Maru confessed, "I knew something suspicious about the company all along."

"Why tell me now?" Jiah demanded. "What's the point?"

A pause. Maru exhaled slowly. "The first time I tried, Mr. Yoongi stopped me. I asked Wendy to reach out and bring you to me. But my plans didn't go the way I expected. My father kept me busy."

"I don't want to hear your excuses," Jiah declared, shutting down Maru.

Maru glanced at her briefly before lowering his gaze once more. He whispered, "I'm sorry."

To Find Something Trueजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें