※ thirteen

It was the night before, she received an email that she was hired for the position and was told to attend another interview at ten o'clock in the morning.

At nine past fifty-five, her feet stood side by side in front of the door. Her heart thumped in both anticipation and nervousness. She stared at the empty counter table through the glass door as her hand held the file tight. Nibbling her bottom lips, she hoped everything would be fine.

Hoping didn't stop her from doubting. She took a deep breath and courageously pushed the glass door. A blow from an air-conditioner in fan mode welcomed her. She started to look around to look for somebody she could speak with.

At that moment, Wheein came out of the narrow hallway and noticed her presence. "Hello, good to see you here again!" she said.

Jiah bowed to her with a smile. "It's nice to see you again too!"

"Oh yeah, I heard the news from Seokjin! Welcome to Bejiwoo," Wheein said as she twirled around. Her long, silky and straight hair went around, hugging her shoulders before it returned to her back. She giggled when she stopped. Then, she said, "my name is Jung Wheein!" She held out her hand for Jiah.

Holding Wheein's hand lightly, Jiah answered, "I'm Lee Jiah."

"May I know how old are you?"

"I'm twenty-five," Jiah replied.

Looking at the ceiling, Wheein counted. Then, she muttered, "ah, you're older."

Jung Wheein's personality did not match her style. Her style was dark and gothic. Small, leather and spikey bracelets on her left wrist; a black, diamond watch on her right wrist. She wore a black leather jacket that day, the coldness in autumn during that day did not stop her from wearing a thin, plain, white t-shirt. Her black, silky longline brassiere was visible behind the white t-shirt. Thin black lines on her hooded eyes, rosy red lip tint painted on her bow-shaped lips.

Jiah could not help but admire her style. It suited her very much.

While Jiah and Wheein had a small conversation, Seokjin came into the scene. A light beam on his face. The women sensed his presence in the area, turning their heads to see him.

"You're finally here!" He spoke.

"Do I get a raise for entertaining her, Seokjin?" Wheein asked.

Seokjin closed his eyes as he raised a finger. "First of all, I'm not the boss. Second, I'm sure you won't get a raise even if I talk to Hoseok about it. Third, no."

Wheein laughed out loud before saying, "I'm just kidding. Anyways, I better get my task done now. Good luck, Miss Jiah!" The young woman playfully saluted as she walked away.

Seokjin started quickly. "Nice to meet you again, Lee Jiah." He did not realize that he had cut her off with a word and a clap, "let's not waste much time. Let's go to the boss' office."

As Seokjin walked ahead of her, she followed his pace. She could not understand what was with the rush, but she assumed the boutique or the boss would be busy that day. At a fast pace, they arrived at an office. On the door, there was a transparent plastic label stuck on the glass door with the name 'Jung Hoseok'.

Seokjin pushed the door for Jiah and let her in.

The strawberry-scented office welcomed her. Her favorite scent. She scanned the room for a while. She only stopped looking around when Seokjin said, "It looks like our boss isn't here yet." He chuckled awkwardly. "You wait here. I go find him."

After that, he rushed out of the office while muttering Yoongi's name.

Jiah inhaled a deep breath. Her hands were together, holding a light brown file. Using this opportunity, she continued to observe the office. She bent forward to look at two framed photos on the table.