※ seventeen

Jiah couldn't tell how long it had been since she started working at Bejiwoo Boutique. Had it been a month or more?

Her job as an assistant was almost nothing like an assistant. If she wasn't up to checking the emails and informing Hoseok about his schedule, then coffee. Nothing else! Working as a personal assistant in real life and in drama didn't match at all. Or maybe it just happened that she had a boss like Hoseok.

Lame, it was fun though, especially when she had amusing scenes every day.

She tried to not complain. She respected her boss's need for personal space, but she was afraid she would get accused of being lazy. What was the point of working with a big salary but doing little to nothing?

On another new day, she woke up earlier than usual to have breakfast with her colleagues and chose the most comfortable clothes she had for winter. Leaving for work while her father woke up early too wasn't a problem anymore. Her father stopped insisting on money for her, but another habit developed. He often asked her when she would be back home. It was just the beginning, so she had no problem answering him.

Walking down the street, she was notified that the siblings were already in the restaurant waiting and saving seats for them. She met them after that, followed by Wheein and the rest of the staff. After days on working with them, she realized Hoseok never joined them for breakfast. Not even when Seokjin and Yoongi were around. When asked Jisoo for details, even the existence of Amber didn't convince him to join them.

"Are we getting some fish carp bread for Hoseok?" Her ears perked at Jisoo's mention of her boss.

"Nevermind, I guess. Jiah will get him a cup of black coffee," Seokjin said. That drew Jiah's attention.

They were seated across each other. By instincts, she looked at him to find him looking at her as well. He said, "you can order black coffee for Hoseok if you don't feel like making."

Jiah got a bit flustered at his statement. "O-oh! I saved hot water in the flask yesterday though."

"We finished them," Jimin said, having her turning her head to face him. "I was the last person using the flask."

Jiah shaped an 'o' with her mouth before expressing it. "Oh! Making coffee for our boss isn't a problem for me. I can boil water again." Some of them nod their heads. It looked like they were just cool with it.

In the midst of the prolonged silence, Wheein spoke, "I'm starting to wonder if Jiah is his assistant or babysitter."

All attention was directed to her.

She didn't seem to be fazed by them. Her matte gothic purple lipstick appeared darker than usual, her eyeliner appeared bolder than the other days. In Jiah's opinion, she had the coolest fashion sense. Yet, it still amazed her at how Wheein appeared intimidating due to her mien and once she got closer to her, Wheein was actual a silly, cute being. It was likely Jisoo had influenced her.

Wheein added, "Jiah's cute. She always saved hot water for the next day. It's like parents preparing hot water in a flask to make milk when it's time to feed their infants."

Seokjin raised both eyebrows, chewed on his food and covered his mouth with his chopstick-wielding hand. His cheeks looked rounded and it seemed he was holding back his smile. He said, "I only realized that now."

"It's time to get Hoseok onesies. Onesie has hoodies, doesn't it?" Taehyung said, grinning broadly.

"He doesn't like to stand out. He's definitely planning to fire you if you get him one," Jimin said, throwing his head back as he laughed.