※ twenty-nine

Monday. Wheein and Jimin were on their day off, leaving the Kim siblings to their tasks. Namjoon had notified Yoongi that he would arrive late as he had an important matter to handle. Despite the lack of three staff on the day, the boutique was noisy as usual, and there were no customers around. With Yoongi singing and Jungkook drumming the table.

Even Jiah could hear them from the office.

It was a rare occasion to see and hear Yoongi sing. According to Seokjin, something good might have gotten him in such a cheerful mood that his off, high pitch note could break the roof. It was amusing to see him wiggling his butt as he made his way to Hoseok’s office.

“Good morning, our Hoseok,” he cooed. He hopped and hopped with a smiling face, placing a booklet on the table.

The boss looked at him. “G-good morning,” he stuttered. “You sound… surprisingly cheerful today.”

“It’s more surprising that luck is on my side,” Yoongi said. “Hey, Lee Jiah. I want to treat you to food, say anything you want. Take it as a thank you token from me for taking care of our Hoseok.”                                    

“And the fact that you’re treating my assistant is making you extraordinarily creepy,” Hoseok muttered. “Our Hoseok? Cringe." 

“Uhh… An Iced Americano would be fine,” Jiah buzzed.

“Ey! Just coffee?” Yoongi asked and the girl in a high bun awkwardly nodded. “I heard you like cakes. I’ll buy you one. What do you like?" 

The woman buzzed again. “I-I like any cake," she said.

The older man snickered and said, “I’ll get you one with the shape of my heart.” He shaped a small heart with his finger, earning from the boss’ assistant an awkward laugh.

“And then blatantly flirts with my P.A,” Hoseok groused. “What’s with you today, hyung?” he asked before continued writing for his speech for the coming public party. 

The man at the door snickered again, eyebrows wiggling as he fished out something from his denim jacket. “Ta-da!”

Both the boss and his assistant slid their sights to the small paper in the man’s grip. 

Hoseok’s voice chimed through the office. “Lottery ticket?”

Yoongi bobbed his head up and down.

“I thought you stopped,” the red-haired man said. 

“Indeed. Return to try my luck this time. I won! I feel… I feel handsome! Today is making me handsome.”

“Okay,” Hoseok said, flatly. Then, he murmured to himself, “he’s beginning to sound like Seokjin now that I'm scared."

While the 'surprisingly' cheerful man was about to say something to the boss, a loud cry broke through the corridor. The occupants of the office turned their heads toward the sound. However, when there were no signs of any approaching soul, they left the office.

Namjoon was seen struggling with a baby in his arms. Both of his shoulders carried a baby bag and his school bag. “Hyung,” he called Seokjin in the midst of the cry. Trouble drew his face. “Help me.”

Seokjin’s loud voice rang through the premise, scolding, “You never tell us you have a child!”

Namjoon emphasized, “This is not my child!”

********** 

The baby boy settled down in Jiah’s arms. Lips pouting over the pacifier, baby bottle in small hands, and doe eyes staring at her before scanning the place.