The End

Here it is! For those who were looking forward to this, I hope you enjoy! This is quite different than the other version, but I hope it's enjoyable all the same!

This is also me doing some testing for another one of my stories called Dual Leveling, but that's not too important. Regardless, enjoy!

-----

(Y/n) had seen enough.

Melina's sacrifice for the death of the Erdtree, Kale's turn to madness due to Shabriri, Brother Corhyn's disbelief in Goldmask's defiance against the Golden Order, Sellen's transformation into a mindless monster, even Hewg's loss of his personality or Fia's death at the hands of D. It was all too much to handle, but he pushed forward.

He had to, there was no other choice.

And now he was here, in the Erdtree. He was covered in inky, oily blood. It was the blood of the Elden Beast, the living embodiment of Order and the true form of the Elden Ring.

He killed it. The embodiment of Order fell by his blade, after days upon days of dying and returning. And that was only after he'd faced Radagon, the second Elden Lord. And that was only after he faced Godfrey, the first Elden Lord.

He'd been through quite a lot, but now his journey was finally done. He could finally make a choice.

He felt the presence of many things bubble within him. Even if he somehow managed to ignore his seething anger, there were other feelings. The Mending Runes that filled him were of the [Death-Prince], the [Perfect Order], and of the [Fell Curse].

He did horrible things. He tortured the Dungeater, just for the Mending Rune of the [Fell Curse]. And now he was here.

He could also tell he could push the [Age of Fracture] forward, if he used none of the Mending Runes at all.

If he used the Mending Runes, he'd become Marika's third consort, and he'd be the third Elden Lord. It was what Tarnished were made for, and he could finally get it.

And he could also stop this cycle.

The [Age of Stars] would begin if he joined Ranni. She would end the Elden Ring's grasp and bring the gods to the stars, far away from the Lands Between. And for a thousand years, the Lands Between could grow without gods to lead them. Maybe it would make things better, maybe it'd make things worse.

There was another way to stop the cycle, by burning everything down and returning everything to One. He could become the [Lord of the Frenzied Flame], being at the center of everything, as it all disappeared.

And yet, (Y/n) didn't do anything.

His sword clattered against the ground as he bent down and picked up Queen Marika's head. Her eyes were closed, and she was simply not cognizant. However, that didn't stop (Y/n).

"Why Marika?! Why?! Why?!" He roared.

The information he'd learned was seared into his brain. Miquella and Malenia would be forever cursed, and he took the latter's life with his own hands. Was it a mercy? He didn't know.

"What's the point?! We fight and we die, and we fight more just to die more!" He was beyond livid, and he continued screaming, with no one around to hear or console him. "But I can't end it all, I'm not allowed to! Melina perished for this! Your daughter was sacrificed for this reviled world!"

(Y/n) let out an enraged, emotion-filled scream. It was all he could do. There was no one else to speak to. The only people left were Roderika, Boc, Hyetta, and Kale.

Roderika was beyond devastated by Hewg's loss of himself, so much so that she could only help (Y/n)'s spirit ashes and weep. She was broken.

Boc was eternally stuck by Rennala's side, having chosen to be reborn into a human at the cost of his personality. Truly, he was no longer Boc.