Limgrave - 4

Here's yet another chapter, my friends! Thank you guys heavily for all the support!

Despite this story not being a specifically large thing that people want to read, those of you who are reading are making this a ton of fun to write and upload! 

Since I've been asking questions this far, who's a character in this story you're excited to meet?

For me, the answer is definitely... nope! I can't say, since it's spoiler territory! I can, however, say I'm looking forward to Malenia quite a bit!

-----

Melina and (Y/n) travelled easily, maintaining a peaceful silence.

Their first destination was towards Irina. She was a young woman who was the daughter of Commander Edgar, the Warden of Castle Morne. In (Y/n)'s past life, Irina died to a rioting misbegotten servant. At one point, (Y/n) had a pretty immense hatred for the misbegotten because of Irina's death, but after much time to think about it, he could somewhat understand their uprising.

The perspective the Dung Eater seared into his brain was undeniable. The misbegotten, Omen, and anything remotely connected to the Crucible — the Primordial Energy where the Erdtree once bloomed from — was disrespected under the Golden Order, so the misbegotten rebelling only made sense.

Regardless, Irina was innocent, and (Y/n) planned to save her and Edgar's lives, no matter the cost. He was extremely determined, so he made a point to head straight to her side.

So, when he and Melina arrived, he couldn't help but stare in stunned silence.

Just like the Church of Elleh, the spot where Irina once sat was covered in a sea of yellow, frenzied flames. Melina let out an uncharacteristic growl as the flames threatened to spread and devour everything. It was a bit difficult to see within the raging yellow inferno, but a soul was writhing in pain, the flames biting into it.

(Y/n)'s eyes flashed with rage, and wordlessly, his shadow expanded. Even as the inky blackness isolated the flames, they persisted stubbornly until his Guardian Golem's hand squashed them flat, rising from the shadow and sinking back into it just as easily.

"What the hell is going on?" (Y/n) asked, now growing furious. "Is this Frenzied Bastard insane?"

Melina scowled, "Irina's corpse was needed for Hyetta's possession, so she could become a Finger Maiden. But this... there was no reason to torture Irina's spirit after killing her. How... horrific."

(Y/n) extended his hand softly to Irina's spirit, and he could hear her crying out. Before, it was in pain, but now it was out of sadness. She couldn't convince her father to leave Castle Morne, and now she was fighting the pull of the Erdtree, just for a chance to see her father again.

"Irina, come with me. You'll see your father again, I promise," (Y/n) spoke softly, uttering a single word and feeling Irina's consciousness begin to reform itself, in an inky replicate of her original body.

[Shadow Priestess]
[Irina]
[Rank: 3]

All throughout the process, (Y/n) never let go of her hand, and when her body finished forming, she bowed her body to him, thanking him silently. (Y/n) patted her head briefly, and simply allowed her to rest. She fell into his shadow, and he could feel her begin to relax, surrounded by fellow Shadows who guaranteed her safety.

(Y/n) looked back to Melina, who gave him a soft affirmation. Despite that, his dark expression didn't shift.

The demigod sighed, "It is not your fault. All the power in the world couldn't change this."