Malenia, the Blade of Miquella

It feels like any time I get my footing, life finds a decent reason to push me down. However, that won't be getting rid of my desire to write this story!

Personally, I have the goal to finish this story within the next several weeks, but we'll see how that turns out.

For this chapter's question: Which Outer God is your personal favorite?

Whew, okay. All of that aside, enjoy the chapter, my friends.

-----

(Y/n), Millicent, and Melina flew past the Altus Plateau, the Erdtree, and even the Forge of the Giants. While the two women couldn't see much too closely, (Y/n) could see different factions begin to act upon seeing them fly over with a dragon.

The knights of Leyndell began gathering and preparing for another Dragonic Seige, the followers of the Fell Flame began to converge upon the Fire Giant in a ritualistic pattern, and a shocking number of monsters typically seen in the catacombs began to rise from them.

(Y/n) let out a little sigh as Miquella's Haligtree came into sight.

"Is there a problematic development?" Melina asked simply, picking up on (Y/n)'s miniscule sigh.

(Y/n) bobbed his head back and forth in thought as he tapped Adula's scales softly. The dragon slowed down slightly as they began flying over the branches. Unlike what (Y/n) was used to, the branches were almost entirely white, completely covered in Oracle Envoys.

(Y/n) frowned, mentally noting the sight. From Adula's tail, blobs of shadowy energy began to drop and from them, Shadows began to rise and combat the mob of Oracle Envoys.

"Somewhat. There's just a lot happening now. The Fire Giant and the Fell God cult are moving, Leyndell is suddenly alive after seeing a dragon flying around, and the catacombs are being cleared out, for some reason," (Y/n) shrugged. "I'm sure it won't be too bad with a ten thousand plus army, but...."

(Y/n) shrugged once more, as if that was enough of an explanation. Melina let out a hum of understanding.

Millicent looked down and held onto (Y/n) a bit tighter, swallowing nervously. "So, where exactly are we going to stop flying?!" She asked, her voice strained and exhausted from Adula's flight speeds.

(Y/n) chuckled, "Just a little further, then we'll be there."

True to his word, less than a minute later, the three arrived at Elphael, the Brace of the Haligtree. Landing at the base of the tree, the trio left Adula's back.

Melina and Millicent found themselves taking in the elegance and beauty of the area with slack jaws. The Golden Order's signature color faded away to make space for the warm colors of autumn. Reds, oranges, and purples lined the area, with the signature colors of the Empyrean Twins standing out beautifully.

"Incredible...." Millicent gaped.

Melina found herself nodding in agreement. "I didn't realize, something so stunning was so close to the Erdtree. But... it didn't bloom in the end."

(Y/n) wasn't anywhere near as enthralled with the aesthetic of Elphael, with vivid memories of consistent death at the hand of the Blade of Miquella sullying his viewing experience. Instead, he found himself observing the cracks running through the ground. Noting the distinct lack of hostiles, he clicked his tongue. "Millicent, you said you had a feeling we'd be allying with Malenia?"

Millicent pulled herself away from her gawking and nodded once. "Yes, she will join us. I'm certain of it."

The Shadow Sovereign looked towards the closed castle doors, sensing presences behind it. The door began slowly opening, with five people strolling through it. "I wouldn't say that so soon...." (Y/n) sighed.