Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 2

Here's another chapter, my friends! It's about a week late, but at least it's out now. I tried to add to the contents of the chapter to make that extra week worth the wait, but I don't know if I achieved my goal as well as I wanted to.

As for a question: What Outer God are you most interested in encountering?

There's the Frenzied Flame, the Greater Will, the Formless Mother, the Full Moon, the Fell God, and the Scarlet Rot. They will all be seen for 100% certainty in the story, albeit in different ways.

Regardless of all that, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

-----

Melina was accustomed to (Y/n) running ahead and asking her to stay behind, out of any immediate danger. To an extent, her acceptance of her passivity was because she was acclimated to being unable to act physically.

In her past life, her lack of a physical body forced her to only act in a physical sense near the Erdtree. It was a very powerful presence, and her spiritual self could materialize because of it. However, that help was only for a miniscule part of (Y/n)'s journey.

Despite seeing the struggles that (Y/n) endured, she could only watch from a distance, supporting (Y/n) emotionally far more than physically.

However, now, her situation had shifted because of the Outer Gods' interference. She wasn't quite as helpless anymore due to becoming the sole maiden of Destined Death. She hadn't tested out what that offered just yet, but if there was ever a time, she believed now would be the best one.

So, with a speed that she had never experienced before, she sprinted alongside Millicent. The massive form of Rykard fought against (Y/n), Salem, and Radahn, but they didn't focus on that. All around them, there were Shadows fighting against a slew of enemies, guaranteeing their safety.

"Can he truly handle such an opponent?" Millicent asked between breaths, her boots splashing against the ground and sending minute waves in the shallow water. The waves crashed against one another in a flurry of water that was woefully inept compared to the goliaths around it.

Melina nodded, noting where she was silently and beginning to slow down. "Yes, he will defeat that monster. Our job is to help in other ways, where he's currently powerless."

Millicent frowned, confused on what (Y/n) could encounter and be powerless within. After all, he was trading blows with a being straight out of story books. She opened her mouth, but it quickly shut when a woman was darting around frantically within a small pavilion.

Every time she saw a Shadow fighting against a giant crab, or really, anytime she saw a Shadow, she let out a yelp and a barrier of golden light surrounded her. Suddenly, Millicent understood that (Y/n)'s Shadows, who, for the most part, could not speak, were helpless against raw, natural fear.

They could do nothing but make sure the woman was protected, even as she yelped and yammered because of their presences.

The frightened woman's awful posture was quite notable, but Melina knew that the woman wasn't used to being in such a form.

This was Zorayas, also known as Rya. She was the adoptive daughter of Tanith, and she was an ally of (Y/n)'s.

"A-Ah, oh no, what shall I do? I need my necklace, but that large monster has appeared! And now these black creatures are running all about!" The woman vibrated intensely in her spot, unable to decide and move for herself.

Melina gently jumped up onto the pavilion, as if she hadn't just crossed an entire battlefield just moments prior. Millicent trailed behind her, far more exhausted than the spiritual demigod. Melina bowed her head as Rya's panicked attention fell on her. "There isn't much time, so I shall be swift. We must escape from here or else."