Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot - 2

Hello, my friends! For people in the future, this won't matter, but for people who read the last chapter when it was released not even 24 hours ago, I hope this one lives up to the hype that was built!

In comparison to last chapter, I don't have nearly as much to say. 

For this chapter's question: Do you think we've seen the last of...? Well, I'll let you see what I mean.

Enjoy the chapter! I think Solo Leveling fans will especially enjoy this one!

-----

Elphael was essentially a city built within the Haligtree. However, because that city wasn't allowed to thrive without Miquella and, by extension, Malenia, it was far from finished.

From Malenia's chambers, with the Haligtree covering it destroyed, it was incredibly easy to see how straight the path through the city was. And that path was covered in war and bloodshed.

The Shadow Army did not bleed, so all the blood was from Malenia's Cleanrot Knights and the Soldiers of Rot. Kindred of Rot, Rotten Warriors, and Aeonian Butterflies could be seen battling the Shadow Army.

It was a bit of a stretch to say the Aeonian Butterflies were fighting, but anything they landed on, even the Shadows, would rot away with just a touch. At the rear of the army, Radahn, Ranni, and Rennala focused all their attention on making sure the butterflies didn't annihilate the Shadow Army. Within the battle, any mages who could attack the Aeonian Butterflies were tasked to do so.

Salem was the farthest away from the battle, overlooking it from a tower. In all truth, she wasn't very far from the battle at all, with a simple leap being enough to leap back into the fray. She should've continued to flee, but Millicent's pleas stopped her.

Millicent was kneeling next to Salem, currently vomiting up anything she had in her stomach. As it turns out, pulling her away so quickly had adverse effects on her stomach.

While waiting, Salem found herself gazing out towards where she left her summoner and her largest antagonist so far. Another reason why she'd stopped was because her connection with (Y/n) became severed, if only for a few moments.

'What happened? Was that Outer God's strength focused enough to disconnect us from our creator?'

The raging battlefield smelled of metallic blood and rot, which wasn't... unusual for Salem, at this point. However, she sensed something particularly... unappealing within it all. A stronger presence, far stronger than even the demigods. It was a disturbing presence of pure rot.

Her eyes darted over the battlefield as she looked for it, sensing that her allies would need assistance.

"We need to go back," Millicent hacked out, her eyes passionate. She wiped her mouth, rising. "If I'm here, then we've lost. If we can't ally with Malenia, there was no point going through this all."

Salem understood Millicent's words, but hesitated. "I... don't know if we can get you back over there."

Millicent frowned. "Why not?"

Now, it was Salem's turn to frown.

"The Rotten Beast has appeared."

Before Millicent could even question Salem, a giant, humanoid ant shot up and shrieked at them. Salem only had just enough time to shield Millicent with her body and jump away. If that wasn't enough, the Ant snatched Salem's ankle and threw her back into the battlefield.

The Ant fluttered after them, shrieking, "The will of Malenia must die!"

-----

Just a little while prior, within the raging battle, a small Rotten Ant was formed from the Outer God of Rot's pure power.