St. Trina's Dreamworld - 2

We're coming onto the finale of this story, shockingly enough! I can't say I'm super confident about the exact details right now, but I'm sure that I've got enough ideas to create something half-decent.

For this chapter's question: If (Y/n) wasn't the Shadow Sovereign, what character do you think would fit that title the most?

I hope you enjoy the chapter, more will be coming soon enough!

-----

The journey to the Shadow-Cloaked Haligtree would've been a perilous journey in (Y/n)'s past life, but as he was, the enemies that were encountered weren't threatening to him or Malenia. They were, however, completely uncharted territory.

They were astral replications of their real counterparts. Unfortunately, the rules of Miquella's World dictated that the monsters didn't have souls, meaning that (Y/n) had nothing to summon. The astral monsters were also three to four times as strong as their originals, but it truly meant nothing in the face of (Y/n) and Malenia's power.

In order to not push his luck to far, (Y/n) didn't have any Shadows on him, just in case his power as an Outer God ruined something within Miquella's Dream.

As they finished off an aggressive thunder of Astral Dragons, Malenia let out a sigh. They stood in a swamp of Scarlet Rot touched with Destined Death. It really meant nothing to either of them, but it was still an annoying field to cross, with their legs being caught in the sludge when they stopped moving fast enough to skirt atop it.

"If this whole world is truly a creation of Miquella's power, then Durin and Euthenia must be parts of him, or something akin to that. But... how can we protect everything here, if it's all Miquella?"

(Y/n) grimaced, gesturing to the Haligtree covered in the Devouring Shadow. "If there's anything we can do, it'll start with that. I'm pretty sure the Devouring Shadow is...."

(Y/n)'s voice trailed off, his attention suddenly falling on two approaching figures. One was cloaked in golden energy, with flowing red hair. The other was a woman with white hair, beauty-incarnate, followed by an aura of singularity.

They stopped several feet away, just at the edge of the Rotten Death Swamp. The tension in the air was thick enough to be cut by a broken straight sword.

"Amon and Zaki, right?" (Y/n) said, trying to stop a fight from breaking out. He extended an open hand. "Euthenia—"

As if (Y/n) had said nothing at all, the tall man, Amon, bowed his head to Malenia. "It's an honor, Malenia. I hope that disgusting Outer God hasn't been too much trouble for you. Zaki and I were planning to finally end the Devouring Shadow's reign, would you wish to join us?"

Malenia glanced at (Y/n), then back at Amon. "While this one is a Sovereign and an Outer God, he is different than the others. We are already on our path to the Haligtree. If you wish to join us, we would appreciate it."

The white-haired woman, Zaki, stepped forward, and (Y/n) felt a bizarre thrum spread through his body. Through her sheer presence, his powers as an Outer God shied away. The Scarlet Rot and Destined Death of the Swamp writhed, and eventually just vanished, leaving murky mud behind. "Oh, Malenia, there are no good Outer Gods."

Amon scoffed. "How rude, Zaki. The Greater Will has blessed me with amazing abilities, how could you say that?"

Zaki rolled her eyes. "Please, just because it hasn't failed you yet doesn't mean it won't. Give it some time." She turned her attention to (Y/n), causing his powers to shy even further away. Just a look from her was weakening him in a truly bizarre way. "Allow me to end him, and we may journey together to the Haligtree."