Limgrave - 2

Here's another chapter! I do have a ton already written, but I figured that uploading once every day would be far too much for a lot of people to read, so I decided to slow things down to a more reasonable rate! I hope you enjoy!

And who's your favorite Elden Ring waifu? Just curious.

-----

With drive in their every movement, (Y/n) and Melina strolled down Stormhill. They were arm-in-arm, Then, it suddenly occurred to (Y/n) how odd he and Melina's arrangement was. In the Lands Between, a cute, wholesome couple walking arm-in-arm was a concept lost far before the Shattering, so he couldn't help but feel a little odd, being so close with Melina.

One of the best parts about having Shadows was that they'd handle all the combat and allow (Y/n) to take it easily. This time, (Y/n) allowed his Shadow Maiden, Omen, Crucible Knight, and Lion Guardian lead the combat, and they did so effectively enough that (Y/n) didn't have to lift a finger.

That allowed (Y/n) to speak to Melina, who was keeping herself so close.

"What is this about?" He asked, feeling no need to pay attention to the fairly obvious oddity. Melina was not a horribly affectionate individual, and he'd gained the knowledge that she showed her admiration through other means, like guiding him whenever she'd get the chance. And because (Y/n) knew Melina's tendencies well, he knew this fell outside of the norm.

For a second, Melina didn't respond, and he thought she'd ignore him entirely, but then she spoke, her voice calm and rational. "I must present to Roderika that I am your first companion. She may take her position as your second companion, but only if she respects our bond."

Melina's casual claim to be (Y/n)'s first companion sent his heart aflutter with accompanying butterflies in his stomach. His face reddened, but he didn't specifically try to hide it. Rather, his head was stuck on the second half of Melina's words.

"Second companion?" He repeated. He understood what she meant, but something about her words (Y/n) couldn't easily comprehend.

"Yes. If you want to take someone else as your companion, whether that'd be Fia, or Roderika, Nepheli, or Latenna, I will happily accept them as mine. I wish for your happiness," Melina explained. She sounded quite determined, but (Y/n) was somewhat hesitant about the idea. He opened his mouth, but before he spoke, Melina interrupted him. "Of course, I understand having more... um, lovers, may not guarantee happiness, but I feel as if you would take joy in making others happy, as you have in the past."

(Y/n) was pretty surprised to hear Melina stumble over her words. In all the time he'd known her, she seemed very experienced in... everything. However, with something as simple as the word, "lover" — which is what they were, just without much physicality. They were still very romantic, even if they weren't very physical with one another — caused her to nearly stutter.

Oddly enough, a flash of memories shot through (Y/n), as he looked at Melina's red hair. That hair was inherited from Radagon, Melina's father. Melina's mother was Queen Marika. And those two were actually one being, by way of their spiritual union.

With parents like hers, (Y/n) could understand why she'd be most inexperienced in love out of everything. Even now, holding (Y/n)'s arm, he could feel her shaking. If she had a body, he was pretty sure he could feel her heart thumping, but as she was bodiless, that wasn't the case.

Refocusing on the current situation, he coughed lightly, trying to push his blush away. "I'll... remember that. I don't believe I'm particularly valued as a lover by more than just you, but if the situation — heh — arises, we should think about it."

The two stopped talking just as the Stormhill Shack came to their view. Despite her original words, Melina let go of (Y/n) and allowed him to move forward on his own. She understood that Roderika wasn't in much of a state to think about love as she was and didn't feel like it was her place to be present for (Y/n)'s conversation with her.

[Shadow Sovereign's Second Try!] Elden Ring x Male ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara