Finale - 2

Here's the next chapter out of the finale chapters! I'm keeping myself on the move here because I'm really aiming to finish this out soon!

I don't have a question for this chapter, but I hope you all enjoy it.

-----

The weight of Godwyn, Eclipse, and the Gloam-Eyed Queen's power was unbearable, but (Y/n) still managed to keep his mind intact. If the full weight of his opponents' will fell on him, he doubted he'd be able to think at all.

Although the ability to think was far from the most reassuring ability to have, he managed to keep a somewhat level head and think about his main problem rather than everything that surrounded it. He was being forced down, and until that was solved, he couldn't do anything to help Malenia, Amon, and Zaki.

'This weight is ridiculous...! Are my own powers being used against me? Do these three have enough influence to use my own divinity like chains? Is... is this what it's like to be one of my Shadows? It's just a ridiculously immense will slammed against mine, and I have to follow the orders...! Is this... okay?' (Y/n) pushed the thoughts from his mind. 'No, I can't think about that! Whether or not I'm in the right isn't important right now, I have to survive this! If I'm being pushed like this because of my powers... then....'

A bolt of insight struck (Y/n), and his Umbral Robes suddenly slid from his back and into his palm. Power fled from his body, as the dagger form of Legacy appeared. However, as the power of the Shadow Sovereign left (Y/n)'s form, the weight and order imposed on him faded.

'I'll just give them up...!'

As a result, all the power of the Darkness was left in one hand, keeping (Y/n)'s hand connected to Legacy with the Umbral Robes as bandages. Without the immense weight pressing down on him, (Y/n) rose to see what was happening.

Malenia was bloodied beyond belief, as were Amon and Zaki, but they were all fighting all the same, fending (Y/n) off from all sides. It was a blessing that Eclipse or the Gloam-Eyed Queen didn't come for them directly, but for all (Y/n) knew, it was less of a choice and more of a restriction.

"Sorry you three, but I'll need you to keep it up," (Y/n) said, unsure whether they'd hear him or not. And then, he leapt into the fray.

If (Y/n) was compared to a regular Tarnished, he'd be at the very zenith of their abilities. Maxed Vigor, maxed Mind, maxed Endurance, maxed Strength, maxed Dexterity, maxed Intelligence, maxed Faith, and maxed Arcane. He might've well been a deity based around those abilities, but that only made him exceptional next to an average warrior.

In this battlefield, with a full-power Maliketh slashing towards his head, and a Shadow Sovereign Godwyn, Eclipse, and Gloam-Eyed Queen trio looking down on him, he wasn't special.

"Good," (Y/n) rolled right under Maliketh's blow, feeling the touch of Destined Death nick at his back. "Time to go back to the basics."

(Y/n) didn't weave through the army flawlessly. He was impressive, having conquered every challenge the Lands Between had to offer, but he wasn't perfect. Cuts built up on his thinly protected form, but he pushed onward all the same.

Malenia, Amon, and Zaki were his honor guards, keeping the strongest opponents off (Y/n) so he could continue advancing. They didn't speak or ask anything of one another, but they moved with an efficiency befitting their statuses.

Eclipse could see as the line of their army was slowly broken down by just four people. But rather than rage, they kept their head cool, their eyes landing entirely on (Y/n)'s hand, where the last 25% of the Shadow Sovereign abilities lay.