Limgrave - 3

Here's another chapter, my friends! I'm waiting roughly a week between each chapter to let it sink in so it doesn't become too much! It's also because I might as well make my hard work worth it, and give myself some time to write more instead of rushing into anything!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Sellen is certainly one of my personal favorites!

-----

(Y/n) suddenly halted after taking a few steps into the Murkwater River. Melina looked at him, her expression blank yet inquisitive. "Sorry, there's something I should probably do. Agheel." (Y/n) glanced backwards, to the excited Shadow that was gently trailing behind.

Despite being fully capable of mentally giving Agheel instructions, he spoke anyway. He figured it would be easier for Melina to understand that way. "There are some threats around I can tell the other Shadows can't match easily. I'm leaving those enemies to you."

Agheel blew out a puff of fire, causing some of the river's water to quickly evaporate. The dragon bowed his head, allowing (Y/n) to softly pat his head. He could tell Agheel knew some of the monsters that he was referring to. The Ulcerated Tree Spirit in Stormveil Castle or the Deathbird on Stormhill were two examples.

The dragon bowed in understanding before flying off with a determined roar. (Y/n) gave Melina a smile before the two continued down the Murkwater River. (Y/n) expected to easily encounter Yura, but he was met with a familiar sinister feeling creeping up (Y/n)'s spine. Suddenly, he remembered those who follow Mohg, who would hunt him even if he was simply adventuring.

Melina noticed the sudden shift in his demeanor. She tensed in a way that was impossible to physically notice. He glanced behind them, pulling his weapons from his shadow. He made sure Melina knew she was safe with a determined look.

It was Bloody Finger Nerijus, a nameless face that (Y/n) couldn't care less about. However, upon encountering the Bloody Finger, (Y/n) wondered how he was going to help Yura. And at the same time, he easily decimated Nerijus, decapitating him easily.

The Bloody Finger fell in a heap, his head tumbling against the ground before his body began flickering away into red, transparent flakes. It was the telltale sign of Mohg's followers. And, to (Y/n)'s surprise, a spirit was left behind.

He was about to summon Nerijus when he decided against it, hearing footsteps behind him. At first, the steps were fast — a run, but they quickly slowed. (Y/n) turned to see Yura slowing down, carefully observing Melina. He could immediately sense hostility from her, as could (Y/n). It took him a moment to realize it, but he figured it out quickly.

He approached Yura, dropping his sword and letting it fall into his shadow. He approached the suspicious Bloody Finger Hunter with his hands up, showing he wasn't a threat. He put his hand on Melina's shoulder, hoping to calm her down.

He'd only realized it now; Melina never would've gotten a chance to meet Yura. Her only chance to meet him was after his death, after Shabriri possessed his body and used his face to try and convince (Y/n) to use the Frenzied Flame.

At the time, (Y/n) was barely convinced by Melina to stick to his path, even if she must sacrifice herself for it. It was clear Melina didn't consider Shabriri anything like a friend, and (Y/n) agreed, especially after learning what happened to the Merchant's Association after Shabriri's lies.

However, this was not Shabriri, it was Yura. He wasn't much like a friend, but he was a reliable ally when it came to hunting down Bloody Fingers. Which is why (Y/n) now had to think about how he'd move forward.

Yura was wearing an Iron Kasa, an intriguing umbrella-like hat that covered his facial features, and clothes that complimented his weapon, the Nagakiba. His appearance was extremely striking, mainly because of his helmet.