Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot

Hello, my friends! I'm happy to say that within the last week or so, I've managed to write this entire chapter and a whole other one! If everything works out, that chapter may be uploaded in a few days!

Just consider it a thank you for those who have stuck around. This story was just meant to be a fun thing for me to test some stuff out on, but it's genuinely been a real joy to write, especially with the Elden Ring community reading it and enjoying it.

Unrelated to those things, I decided to try CambrianBeckett's Maidenless No Longer, and holy hell, it's good. I'm actually incredibly flattered that some of you mentioned that this story is somewhat comparable to that.

I'm trying not to read too much of it though, just so I don't become too influenced by his writing style. Those who have read that will be able to see some of it coming through in this chapter.

This is going on a fair bit longer than it typically would, but I just have so much to say! Blegh, whatever!

For this chapter's question: How much harem is too much harem?

After reading about twenty chapters of Maidenless No Longer, I could reasonably believe that with fantastic writing, there's no limit, but I also think that a large harem counteracts the value of interpersonal relationships that could be formed within that sort of system. 

I don't wanna make this beginning section too long, but if you'd like to talk more about it, I'd love to talk in the comments!

Last, but not least, The World We Knew by Frank Senatra really fit this chapter to me, so... listen to it while you read, if you'd like. It's not necessary or anything, I just felt like it added a new level that I appreciated.

Whew. Okay, with all that out of the way, I hope you enjoy this chapter! I think this is easily the best chapter that's been uploaded so far!

-----

Even from the perspective of an outsider, the shift in the battle became clear.

The master and the student weaved through attacks with incredulous expertise. The power Malenia held came second to the jar-headed man's ability to counter her, and with a path to follow like he did in a previous life, (Y/n) became completely untouchable.

"H-How is this possible? I thought Malenia was the strongest of the demigods...!" Millicent stared, her eyes wide as her heart pounded in her chest.

"She is. But... we've stepped beyond the realm of demigods," Melina said.

Soon enough, Malenia was on the ground, with (Y/n) and his master standing over her. (Y/n) panted lightly, surprised by how exhilarating the fight was, even with his newfound abilities. He never expected Malenia to keep up with him after an Outer God gifted him so much power.

For a moment, (Y/n) and his mentor stood over Malenia, who found herself kneeling from the accumulated damage she'd taken. In that silence, Millicent found her body moving on its own. She ran across the area, the soft splashing of the pond highlighting her location.

Millicent knelt next to Malenia and extended her Valkyrie Prosthesis to touch Malenia's Unalloyed Gold Arm. That simple gesture caused Malenia to turn her head up, and even though she couldn't see Millicent, it was clear that she'd earned her attention.

"You are Malenia, the Blade of Miquella. You've once abandoned your pride and will to meet General Radahn's measure, and you've never been the same. But I am the embodiment of your will. You must continue, Malenia! You must never allow the Scarlet Rot to win again, lest an awful being will be unleashed upon this world, and you will be lost in the process."