Home - 1

Hello, my friends! This one is fairly relaxed compared to some of the more recent chapters!

In the last chapter, I asked how you guys feel about fight scenes, and I actually received a few people saying that they like them shorter. Good thing for both of us, because I like shorter, more narrative fight scenes too!

So, even though in the next chapter will be one of my favorite bosses in Elden Ring, it won't be an extremely long chapter of punching and slashing and blah blah blah. That stuff can be fantastic to read, but honestly, I'm a bit tired of coming up with a way of making each fight scene fun and snappy every single chapter.

I'd rather enjoy some moments like this chapter, where it's slower and more intimate. 

But enough from me!

For this chapter's question: Are you excited to run into St. Trina? For those who know, you know.

Enjoy this laid back chapter, and hopefully there'll be more soon!

-----

The immediate response to (Y/n)'s statement was simple.

"What do you mean? If you're the runner up and you throw it all away, how can the Lands Between ever find peace?"

Lanya, the servant of the Hoslow family, was the one to speak up. (Y/n) had never heard her voice, and he didn't know much about her beyond her tomboy-ish nature. With how she spoke, (Y/n) found that he wouldn't have a hard time reading her.

The Shadow Sovereign glanced at her and noticed Diallos gently shaking his head to himself. On the other hand, his elder brother, Juno Hoslow, took a protective half-step forward, his intricate whip held tight in his hand. That, in turn, made (Y/n) smile.

"Another god isn't what the Lands Between needs. The last god... Queen Marika the Eternal... can you tell me what she wants?"

Lanya stared; her eyebrows furrowed. "W-What?"

"Can you tell me what Queen Marika the Eternal, the reigning figure of the Lands Between, our god, wants?"

"H-How could I...?"

(Y/n) gestured lightly to Lanya. "Exactly. How could you? It's absolutely impossible to tell what she wants for the Lands Between. Furthermore, I would argue, it's impossible to even tell what the Greater Will, who empowered Queen Marika, wants."

Snapping his fingers, the flying image of a flying five-headed dragon flew through the room, weaving between the Tarnished. Gasps came from all around, particularly from Boc and Roderika.

Hewg scoffed, a miniscule smile on his face. "Flamboyant boy, he knows how to capture an audience."

(Y/n) opened his mouth, glancing at Brother Corhyn, who was entranced by the sight all the same.

'To create the Eternal Sovereign, I must do this, even if it's gonna be... really difficult.'

"Before Queen Marika, there was another Elden Lord, by the name of Placidusax. And to be Elden Lord, suggests that the Greater Will in some way, had already forged the Elden Ring, and gave Placidusax the ring. And it ruled for quite a long time, until... it decided to change things."

Three of the dragon's heads were chopped off by a golden-haired woman, and the dragon fled. The golden-haired woman sat on a throne, right next to (Y/n). "And then Queen Marika came into the picture, empowered by the very same Outer God that once supported Placidusax."

(Y/n) waved his hand, and the image of Queen Marika split into two. "With this in mind, there's two possibilities."

He held his left palm up, and with a whoosh, one of the sitting figures was suddenly pulled into the prison of pure light. "Possibility one, the Greater Will couldn't get another Queen Marika from wherever, so it shattered the Elden Ring and let the demigods fight amongst themselves so it could get the best one as its new Elden Lord. That didn't work out, so it called to the Tarnished as a last-ditch effort to get an Elden Lord."